Error: Console_ Canvas_OnDraw

cpl159

Hello, While cruising in the Saab 340A, I got this message. I've never had this come up in x plane 10.40b10 before.

The aircraft seemed to keep flying but without the MFD. What could this be and is there a solution to correct it?

I'm on windows 7, running skymaxx, hd mesh3 in hdr mode. This is the third time in a row that this message popped up.

The saab ver is 1.3, thanks Chris LongoLog.txtpost-14925-0-11054100-1440601528_thumb.p

Now that is odd...

Thanks for reporting it. Currently in the middle of a code review so I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Can't offer you much to fix it now, I plan to get a Gizmo64 update out pretty soon though.

(You could try upgrading Gizmo64 by hand when the time comes, I'm not sure when X-A will want to publish it..)

I think I solved this problem by deleting Saitekpanels.ini. Maybe it doesn't get along with gizmo, anyways completed an hour flight without any problems.  C Longo

Thanks for reporting that.

I've seen reports in the past that XSP can create problems. It works for some people though...

I've spent some time in the last week investigating this and attempting to re-create the XSP conditions (I dont have any of the saitek hardware) bit so far I haven't had much luck making Gizmo recreate a fault.

Thanks again for reporting back. It helps a lot.

• 9 months later...

I am experiencing the same problem but no Saitek panels here. I don't seem to be able to complete any flight. Deleted GizmoLog.txt just before the last one to have a clean logfile from a single flight. The problem seems to be related to a stack overflow!? My version of X-Plane is 10.45 64 bit. Any help to solve this annoying problem would be appreciated.

GizmoLog.txt

X-Plane 2016-06-18 21-24-40-870.png

I believe I found out what was causing the stack errors. I had made a FlyWithLua script to automatically assign 2 throttle quadrant levers to the condition levers. Apparently, there was too much code in the function that updates the condition lever datarefs. I trimmed it down to following and this seems to work.

dataref ("LEFTCONDITIONLEVER", "LES/saab/CL/manip_pos_L", "writable")
dataref ("RIGHTCONDITIONLEVER", "LES/saab/CL/manip_pos_R", "writable")

function SAAB340A_SetConditionLevers ()
  LEFTCONDITIONLEVER = 1.0 - JOYSTICK_AXIS [62]
  RIGHTCONDITIONLEVER = 1.0 - JOYSTICK_AXIS [61]
end

do_every_frame ("SAAB340A_SetConditionLevers ()")