Its quiet, too quiet...

Jacoba

Thats the reason why people don't take  X-Plane seriously.

At least of us are working our asses off to show the right side of X-Plane. Its a shame, because the ugly stuff gets more talk.

I don't think this stuff gets more talk... Here it's the very first topic where I discover this B742, although on most forums, I'm an "active topics" junkie. I also don't think the org is an embarrassement for X-Plane. It's only an embarrassement for people who think the org is an important website and who focus on products looking like FlightGear 0.7.x aircrafts.

;) You want to see what people are talking about ? Just look here, on the very famous and popular AVSIM Screen Shots Forum:

Cessna 152:

"Those cockpit shots are amazing, very nicely done.", "STELLAR VC shots man! Love it!", "Getting up to FSX standards... From a VC perspective at least...."

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=290602

Paine Field:

"Lovely shots there. Can I ask what scenery this is?"

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=290529

Yak-55M:

"Sweeet! Where did you get it?", "Great virtual cockpit shots! The plane looks fantastic", "Excellent, now we're talking xplane!"

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=288769

Sundowner:

"Lovely cockpit captures.", "Nice shots! The VC looks really tempting."

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=286183

XPFR Paris seen from the cockpit of the Falco:

"Beautiful scenery, I love the 2nd shot!"

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=284959

Cessna 182T above RealScenery Arizona:

"Love the cockpit shot. May I ask who's Cessna is that?"

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=285778

MU-2:

"Is that aircraft  for fs9? If so, from where  please?" (you should see his smileys)

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281152

Seamax:

"I love this little aircraft! The panel shots are great. Which add-on is this?"

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281271

:D Believe me... no one is talking about this B742. And if no one is talking about it on the AVSIM Screen Shots forum, it just doesn't exist.  :)

MSFS users may not know what a flight model is (they often fly with PowerPoint-like framerates), they may not know what flight dynamics are, but they are very good when it comes to see what's looking awesome. Just register on the AVSIM forums and show them your very best X-Plane screenshots. Just show them that at least for general aviation and some sceneries, they can also find eye candy in X-Plane.

Happy flying !  8)

Only reason I bought it is because I found a 20Euro bill on the ground yesterday ;D Gary's Concorde is beautiful I'm astonished he'd release a half finished plane..... I'm sure Nicolas must have influenced him to finish it ASAP....

sorry but Garrys Concorde is not beautiful. I used it in my PAF video:

had to be careful not to get too close, large gaps between flightdeck and fuse. horrible textures. laughable night lighting.

goes like stink though, only good point, other than roughly getting the shape right. Compared to the superb freeware Alpha, it looks like I rendered it!

Goran's Hobbs meter in the Sundowner has more polygons and textures than the Concorde and 747 combined.

There, another concise review brought to you by the Xplane10 Blog!!

sorry but Garrys Concorde is not beautiful. I used it in my PAF video:

had to be careful not to get too close, large gaps between flightdeck and fuse. horrible textures. laughable night lighting.

goes like stink though, only good point, other than roughly getting the shape right. Compared to the superb freeware Alpha, it looks like I rendered it!

Goran's Hobbs meter in the Sundowner has more polygons and textures than the Concorde and 747 combined.

There, another concise review brought to you by the Xplane10 Blog!!

Well of course it's not beautiful compared to Gorans work, I meant compared to all his other planes, besides Devs on this website like Goran, XPJ, Tom, and JGregory, RealScenery have work that is just unsurpassable, I mean Goran fit so much detail on just the Sundowner of course the Concorde doesn't compete with that. I just meant compared to his other acfs it's probably his better one. And yes the Alpha is definitely a major beauty.  Got to see the Patrouille De France fly over Paris on the 14 of July as it is independence day, instantly makes me want to fly it in XP in formation lol,btw Simon did you gt the email about photoscenery I sent you?

Well of course it's not beautiful compared to Gorans work, I meant compared to all his other planes, besides Devs on this website like Goran, XPJ, Tom, and JGregory, RealScenery have work that is just unsurpassable, I mean Goran fit so much detail on just the Sundowner of course the Concorde doesn't compete with that. I just meant compared to his other acfs it's probably his better one. And yes the Alpha is definitely a major beauty.  Got to see the Patrouille De France fly over Paris on the 14 of July as it is independence day, instantly makes me want to fly it in XP in formation lol,btw Simon did you gt the email about photoscenery I sent you?

yes I got ur email, will check it out but it needs to be googlised from French to anglais!, but also I'm a little daunted by the setup of those textures. level 15 textures not so good as my g2xpl L17. but I'll have a quick look tomorrow.

yes I got ur email, will check it out but it needs to be googlised from French to anglais!, but also I'm a little daunted by the setup of those textures. level 15 textures not so good as my g2xpl L17. but I'll have a quick look tomorrow.

Alright I cant check since I dont have XP, if you meant me to translate ask me whatever, Im French so remember I can ;)

What I really do laugh at though is nicolas' feature list. A feature is something that is, in my mind, something that gives the product a sort of 'edge'.

Among the features.

• correct sequencing of all the gear doors.

• gear retracts and extends as it should.

If this is what he puts on the feature list, I can't help but wonder what isn't a feature (what doesn't work)

Well spotted. Perhaps that can give us an idea of the standard he is using when he says elsewhere in the same e-mail:

The new Boeing 787 is ready!

Great 3D Model

Too many features to list

Was looking at the org thismorning (its something I do while I am waking up.....), and I noticed in the shout box that a few are rather dismayed at it....going so far as to recommend downloading the XPFW 747 and giving it a new livery!

As long as we have this forum and can direct others to it to see what is really possible then I have no worries about the other org.

Now, whats happenning about that NZCH scenery.......Theo?

;)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

MSFS users may not know what a flight model is (they often fly with PowerPoint-like framerates), they may not know what flight dynamics are, but they are very good when it comes to see what's looking awesome.

I'm good at looking at awesome too  ;)

I've noticed the posts over on the .org questioning the quality of the 747-200 and its panel are gone...

:;)

Haha yep, just noticed that the 2 posts (one of them mine) in the "What did you fly today" thread are now missing. Wonder if it was by the same person who slyly edited those posts with the XA links in them... ::)

I've noticed the posts over on the .org questioning the quality of the 747-200 and its panel are gone...

::)

Care to do a copy and paste the comments over here in this forum?

I can't go to the org anymore as I have been banned.

I would, but the whole post and all the comments are gone...

They were deleted because they didn't come in the form of a series of marketing tutorial videos leading up-to the event for months prior.

Seriously, what can I say?

We have exposed it, we have proved it, we have moved on to making better things, Nicolas and the Org continue to rot.

I don't go there much anymore. There is nothing new going on over there.

Dunno anything about it Goran. First I heard of the whole project was yesterday. It comes from being on Active service and the internet on base really really sucks, as I am sure you are aware from the quality of our Skype conversations. ( come to think of it, It has not worked for a week. Lucky I'm actually home now on weekend leave)

As much as i hate the org for a bunch of reasons (that we all kinda seem to share here), i have to be fair and say they still have a few talented developers onboard - i just got Felis' AN-24 and it's a great product; Same goes for dden's planes. On the other hand the org is releasing payware work that might have been worth the money a few years ago, but these oldschool devs who did not take the road of hi-quality 3D production are now completely left behind by a new generation and by those who went into putting a lot of effort in learning new technologies to produce great (freeware or payware) content.

Gary belongs to the oldschool guys, as well as Heinz - in my eperience they're great guys so i don't like to talk badly about them or their work, but it is true that their techniques and the resulting work seem totally outdated nowadays - from this perspective it is clearly an error on the side of the org's management, since they are in the end the ones who could puch developers in one or the other direction. But they seem to be very focused on gathering and holding on to all the developers they can since the seem to be very frightened of the competition that came with developpers going to x-aviation (for example) or migration of producers of fine freeware content to other portals or independent sites (they still actually live from the thousands of freeware items they offer that draw people to eventually buy payware products).

• 2 weeks later...

Each product is worth looking at on its own merits.

A badge means nothing.

There are still some good products on the Org store. All of Greg Hofers works are outstanding, as are Nils's.

Dan's ERJ has potential from the screenshots that I've seen but life has him a bit pinned down at the moment.

..and the recent F-16 kinda came out of nowhere, I have issues with it, but it has potential and broad detail.

There's a lot of talent around. :)

I have downloaded all of DDens freeware stuff from the org and the quality of that prompted me to buy the goose once it came out....havent looked back yet. I have managed to find "some" nice planes on the org but thats about it.

An update came out for the goose, now I have a turbo goose to try out!!!!!

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH