MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

asheft

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to spread the word about an amazing set of high quality, custom made rudder pedals that have (IMO) gotten very little exposure on X-Plane forums. They have a long waiting time (I filled out a preorder form in January and got them in early July), but the production efficiency is increasing. They are made by a man in Croatia out of a very high quality composite material (high pressure laminate), which he has access to (as well as a CNC machine) due to him also co-owning a furniture production buisiness.

The two most notable features on these pedals that really set them apart are the large number of adjustability options (spring strength, linear vs. exponential feedback, pedal angle, braking spring strength, pedal swivel, ability to switch footplates to for example the F-16 style footplates that will be available later on), and the CAM profile that is used for centering. This allows you to customize the centering feedback between center detent and no center detent, as well as the progressive increase in spring strength. A full features list is available at his website, http://mfg.simundza.com/.

Personally, I had a couple of issues with my pedals when I first got them (most of them my fault, one kind of weird issue that got past QC), and the support from him has been absolutely oustanding, second to none IMO. They aren't cheap, but they will last you a very long time due to the excellent build quality. This thread on SimHQ covers many stages of the development, and probably gives some info and details that I forgot to mention here. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3782056/1. Anyway, I would highly recommend checking them out. They fill a gap in rudder pedal quality between ones like CH and Saitek, and very expensive PFC pedals, for what is really a very reasonable price, and while having much better support than any of those companies.

Edit: I forgot to mention the sensors used, unlike basically everything else on the market (even PFC pedals, as far as I can tell, except for the crazy expensive 3 thousand dollar ones), they use contactless, high resolution magnetic sensors. Hall effect sensors are used for the brakes, and a magnetoresistor for the main rudder axis, all of which are 12-bit (meaning 4096 possible positions).

Edited by asheft

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 'asheft',

The MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals certainly  look like a finely crafted piece of Flight Sim Gear.

Just have a couple question if you might:

- What is the Physical Interface with the PC:   USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ?

- I noticed on the MFG Web Site that there is Software to Download:

Downloads

04.08.2014. - MFG Software package V1.41 (Click Here to Download)

09.12.2014. - MFG Software package V2.0 (Click Here to Download)

Do you need this Software ?   Or will X-Plane natively recognize the Rudder Axis Input in it's Flight Control Configuation ?

Thank You !
BVR
Igor4U !

post-11029-0-09021200-1441310723_thumb.j

I don't remember off the top of my head whether it's USB 2.0 or 3.0. It's a USB-B plug on the pedals though, if that gives you any idea. I believe that the calibration is not necessary unless you change the pedal angle (which you should! It comes with 20 degrees and you really need more than that), however it doesn't take very long and is a good idea to do. Once you do that the settings are stored in the pedals onboard memory and it will be recognized by X-Plane.

they look amazing, i want one of those. my saitek pedals are very imprecise and bumpy on transitions.

by giving them more angle (agree, they seems to come way flat as per the picture), the heel doesn't catches the floor?

Nope. I think it's up to 52 degrees before the heel touches the floor and you need to raise the footplates higher.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...