Mapping switches to an Arduino controller

breadwild

I just start working with Arduino and built a controller that I've been able to map switches to in various aircraft (some default X-Plane and Carenado) but haven't gotten it to work with the Saab 340. For example, I would like to turn off the Taxi light switch after take off without having to look up. While I was able to map the switch to the default taxi light, it has no affect in the 340. 

I'm new to this and I'm sure there are discussions on it, I just need to be pointed. Maybe it's not possible without writing a plugin, but I have no idea where to start.

Advice? Resources?

Thanks.

Brad

Brad,

I do not use the Arduino stuff, so I can't comment directly on that.  However, if you want to "control" the taxi light in the Saab you can only do that by using the custom command (similar to mapping a button or key).  If you want to know the status of the taxi light switch then you can monitor the X-Plane DataRef "sim/cockpit2/switches/taxi_light_on".  However, you can not write to that DataRef as it is controlled by the Saab plugin.

Edited by JGregory