UHD Mesh Scenery v1 - new regions RELEASED!

alpilotx

Hi,

After the first batch of UHD Mesh Scenery tiles released in February 2015, there is now a new set of additional regions to be enjoyed. They are:

• Northern Washington state (west of the already existing Montana UHD region)
  • Canadian Rockies (between 49N and 55N ... from the Pacific to the plains around Calgary - quite a big area cool.png )
  • Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden)
  • Pyrenees in Europe

They are all using - just like before - 30m / 1sec resolution data (either from Viewfinderpanoramas / NED or SRTM) and much higher resolution triangle mesh to be able to use all that detailed data. One "difference" is, that the new regions are based on newer Openstreetmap data (from around end of April 2015).

Important: Because of this, the "UHD Mesh Scenery v1" Scenery is very heavy on hardware resources and will only run smoothly on modern, higher end PCs. Its very important - before even considering a download - to have at least 16 GBytes of RAM and a modern / powerful GPU! Especially when activating the new, "extended DSF" feature in X-Pane 10.40, the RAM requirement might double!

The complete coverage is now:

uhd_mesh_v1_complete_coverage.jpg

All informations, possible updates, installation instructions, and download links can be found here (IMPORTANT: you do not need to re-donwload old UHD files, as they have not been changed / updated!):

A lot of NEW screenshots can be seen here:

PS: I would like to ask all users, who are fluent in other languages than English or German (and have time), to please spread this news in other forums / new sites

Canada_West-Washington-c400_2_uhd.jpg

Canada_West-Washington-c400_13_uhd.jpg

Panorama_FA-22A_12.jpg

Panorama_FA-22A_14.jpg

• Upvote 4

IMPORTANT: at the moment, only two download mirrors are available (ISDG / Aerosoft) ... Flightsim.com (with torrents!!!) will come online in the (approximately) next 24 hours. So, maybe you should not download immediately everything at once and wait a little bit. Especially as flightsim.com will also offer the - usual - torrent seeds!

This was the relevant point of the link:

"Nevertheless, its not impossible, that I will extend the UHD Mesh Scenery coverage in the future. BUT PLEASE DOT NOT ASK FOR REGIONS … Usually, I will decide this depending on data availability, quality, time etc. on my own to my best knowledge."

So yeah, there is a chance, but Andras asked not to ask.

Please stop asking about asking or I shall have to ask you to ask why you are asking about asking. Clear? ;) heh. Do try flying in the Pacific Northwest regions of the USA and Canada, it's gorgeous. I had never gone to Montana in X-Plane before the first UHD was released. It's a good incentive to explore :)

Edited by Colin S

Hi guys ... there is a simple reason (other than the - also very important - ones listed on my website!), why Finland (and any other flat region)  will quite likely never have UHD coverage:

• because it is - relatively - flat ... and UHD coverage makes far less sense there than in mountainous regions.