Gizmo crashing sim after 1.3 ver. install

Kapitonas

Mmm. That looks fun.

Can we have a copy of your Log.txt too please?

Following step by step addon inspection looks like I has find, that new xsaitekpanels 2.43 contained "Saab_340_Xsaitekpanels.lua" script which crash gizmo during time of operation. After replacement above mentioned lua script to older version (from 2.40 package) gizmo stable again (during 1 hour flight no crash). There no time for longer flight, so I still continuously in test mode. If crash occurs again I will attach log.txt as requested. Many thanks for your support!

BRGDS.

A bit off topic... But I also have experienced wired bugs with different aircraft plugins in combination with FlyWithLua scripts. It's not related to Gizmo in particular, but appears to happen with SASL plugins as well. Some scripts seem to break things.

So for debugging it's better to disable FlyWithLua or to debug with a clean demo of XPlane.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case (opinion), this problem comming as soon as new "Saab_340_Xsaitekpanels.lua" from last xsaitekpanels 2.43 package, start read some commands from saitek panels, such altitude and course bug commence change values in aircraft. With older version (2.42 and older) there only indication on saitek multi panel of altitude and course diplay has place, when all changes were possible only on the aircraft panel bugs with mouse scrolling. I belive if Saab_340_Xsaitekpanels.lua creator look once where lua scripts interference wiht Gizmo work the problem should be resolved.

Best regards...

Kapitonas. I have no idea where the interference takes place. The script does not crash it straight away, but after a while. You may try to delete/comment out functions in the script one by one to see which one has a glitch. I would start with ADF and speed bug, since these are the ones that I added in the latest file. Cheers.

Edited by iGoApp

iGoApp, that is true, but if you have a look why, "...after a while" you will find that from cold and dark aircraft load, saitek panels comes alife only after main aircraft engine/s up and running and generator/s connected to the main bus whenewer left unlit on ground power during preflight preparations. Probably that is a point why time before crash diferent in time.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem. Everything starts up fine, but after like 10-20 min gizmo, i think, crashes. I did this over and over, sometimes I got up in the air, sometimes it would crash on the ground while I was pressing a button or turning a knob. The last time, with the appended logs, X-plane itself crashed.

The gizmo log showed stack overflow on every crash.

I removed a bunch of plugins to try to pinpoint the offender but am weary of removing the last of them because they have activation stuff.

Maybe it is because I recently bought a Saitek Radio panel. I only flew the Saab a couple of times before and can not remember it constantly crashing.

Any hints on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Did anyone get it to work? I really like the Saab and want to fly it.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

6 hours ago, skitapa said:

I am having the same problem. Everything starts up fine, but after like 10-20 min gizmo, i think, crashes. I did this over and over, sometimes I got up in the air, sometimes it would crash on the ground while I was pressing a button or turning a knob. The last time, with the appended logs, X-plane itself crashed.

The gizmo log showed stack overflow on every crash.

I removed a bunch of plugins to try to pinpoint the offender but am weary of removing the last of them because they have activation stuff.

Maybe it is because I recently bought a Saitek Radio panel. I only flew the Saab a couple of times before and can not remember it constantly crashing.

Any hints on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Did anyone get it to work? I really like the Saab and want to fly it.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

The saitek plugin is known to cause issues.

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I'm no programming expert (I do the artsy stuff), but I THINK I can see your sound files are missing from your installation.  Did you move your Saab folder somewhere else within X Plane?

No, I just used the installer. Maybe a problem with the path length? That would suck because it is a steam installation. I do have a X-plane 10 key lying around though. But it is a lot of work and my activations will be consumed.

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

The saitek plugin is known to cause issues.

Hmm, that sucks. Is there a way to make the Saitek panel work without the plugin?

I will disconnect it and remove the Saitek plugin. Will be back with results during the day hopefully.

6 hours ago, skitapa said:

No, I just used the installer. Maybe a problem with the path length? That would suck because it is a steam installation. I do have a X-plane 10 key lying around though. But it is a lot of work and my activations will be consumed.

The errors in the log files regarding sound are due to a bug in the sound engine and WILL NOT cause any problems.  This has been fixed for the next update.