Airbus A330/A340

samen

A planemaker model made by Roy Hahmann for version 7 and after my blender skills got better I imported a FSX model made by Thomas Ruth. I started animaitng it this past week but I had the model in blender last year. Its nearing completion and inly the landing gears are the only thing not in X-Plane at the moment. The landing gears are need alot of work and the gear doors also require animation. It may contain a 3D cockpit and canted landing gears with wingflex. Yes realised this yesterday. A friend of mine at X-Plane.org (ALTAIR) has offered to help me with the 3D cockpit and to make a 3D interior for the aircraft. The cabin doors will be animated and so will the cargo doors. I need to fix alot of problems performance wise. I will let the screenshots speak for themselves.(If you see aggressive Z-Bias on the aircraft in the screenshots its due to a hardware malfunction in my computer ::))

screenshot99.th.jpg

screenshot100.th.jpg

screenshot114ku.th.jpg

screenshot101gj.th.jpg

97675188.th.jpg

54647175.th.jpg

screenshot110.th.jpg

Thankyou Theo ;), I am making the wingflex much better right now. The model currently only has the wing cut up in 3 pieces only but I am making them seven to make it look better.

Thanks for the tip btw Mick.

EDIT: Just finished with the new wing flex, It looks much better now and I think the flight model should be given my biggest attention. Still cant seem to figure out how to stop it from flying like a glider. I will make a video of the wing flex later. Just a few more bugs to tweak out and the wings will be complete.

The wingflex is now very good due to a proper technique used this time. The gear doors have been animated and I am just about finished with the nose gear. Just a few height issues are left and then the 3D exterior will be complete. Next step after this will be the 3D cockpit which only needs to be animated and then textured.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you import models?  ???

The work is extremely tough, but basically heres how, you convert the .mdl model from FSX to an AC3D file with modelconverterx. You then import the model into Blender (download blender) you also need to download Marginals Blender2XPlane scripts, you then export the model to XPlane. Keep in mind you have to re texture, re animate, and re work on the whole plane as only the body of the plane is converted no textures animations or programming are.

To get back on topic an update :)

Figured I havent really posted an update in a while but that doesn'y mean nothing was going on. The GE are done as I said before and so are the Cabin and cargo doors. Fixed some bugs with the landing gears and the Rolls Royce engines. The normal maps were also added and now I will just let all the pictures do the talking.

4877906925_74a47fc19c_b.jpg

4877906751_5cf3434c2b_b.jpg