Power Back in the Saab340

alpha12125

• 2 weeks later...

At Sydney Airport at least, REX Airlines don't park nose to gate (from what I have seen).  They park parallel to the gate.

yeah i try to find spots away from the gates aswell as it makes it easier :)

got thinking mainly because of an youtube video of the estonian saab340 and they preformed a powerback.

at the 5 minute mark you can see the manover. it is still frightening however to be so familiar in the cockpit when you watch a video :)

Edited by alpha12125

Video shows honeywell fms

Can you recognize it ?

What exactly is your point?  That the Saab we made doesn't have an FMS and it should, or you are just pointing out that the Saab in the video has an FMS?

To answer the second part of your post, Jim and I can recognize an FMS.  However, after recognizing it, I will refer you to the first part of my post.  What exactly is your point?

What exactly is your point?  That the Saab we made doesn't have an FMS and it should, or you are just pointing out that the Saab in the video has an FMS?

To answer the second part of your post, Jim and I can recognize an FMS.  However, after recognizing it, I will refer you to the first part of my post.  What exactly is your point?

yes, that's video shows. that's the topic

for your second part, i know  xpilot saab 340. i enjoy flying with but it is out of this topic

Sam,

The TOPIC was whether the Saab from XA can be "powered back".  

Your first post was this...

Fine !
honeywell fms isn't it ?

Your second post was this...

Video shows honeywell fms
Can you recognize it ?

Your third post was this...

yes, that's video shows. that's the topic
for your second part, i know  xpilot saab 340. i enjoy flying with but it is out of this topic

An FMS has NOTHING to do with being able to power back the Saab!     So, I am sure you can see why we don't understand your point.  Please explain to me which of your posts is ON TOPIC.

Edited by JGregory
  • Upvote 1

my remark concerns video of this topic

i have no problem with power back, idem with fms or gps

My point was that  your comments had NOTHING to do with the topic of THIS thread, which was about  power back.  The fact that the video shows an FMS has nothing to do with power back  !!  You making a comment about the FMS in the video is OFF TOPIC for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...