Jakob Ludwig

MU2 1.6 Transponder Problem

Hi there and Tom,

the build in GTX330 Transponder seems to fail operations, once the "zero" button is hit, despite it's not visually changed on the display. However once the "zero" is pressed, the unit fails to accept any other operational mode (stby, alt) and after turning it off, the unit does not come on again, unless you reload the aircraft. Transponder codes starting with zere (sometimes needed on VATSIM), lead to unpredictable errors of the unit.

XP version 10.36 and 10.40b

Crosschecked after reinstall of the aircraft. GIZMO shows no errors. Log.txt with no hints.

I hope Tom or some other can reproduce this. 

Regards

Jakob 

Thanks for reporting this.

Sorry it's slipped through the cracks so far.

This bug is probably related to the Gizmo64 update so I'll take a look at it later today and see what I can find.

Thanks for your patience.

This bug is probably related to the Gizmo64 update so I'll take a look at it later today and see what I can find.

No problem Ben. I am not in a hurry and you also need time to research the source of error. Wondered that it took years to find this anyway... Squawks with 0 at the front look quite seldom on Vatsim.

I'll be at home next thursday again... Case you need someone to verify a bug fix.

Edited by Jaggo82

Any clue Ben?

Just a reminder on this... Have you looked at this issue?

Be sure to take the time out for the holidays and spend it with your loved ones, Jakob.

I know we all will and are.

1 hour ago, Jaggo82 said:

I am kindly asking, whether this issue is being investigated or being resolved somehow? Would be fair to receive some information after half a year... thank you. 

It is not being investigated at the moment, ergo not being resolved at the moment.  I am currently finishing up the 737 and will peek at the Mu2 transponder (and brakes) as soon as I can.

-tkyler

It is not being investigated at the moment, ergo not being resolved at the moment.  I am currently finishing up the 737 and will peek at the Mu2 transponder (and brakes) as soon as I can.

-tkyler

Thank you Tom.

Hello,

Just buy this bird and do a little flight.

Same issue when after the flight and push standby it come in black.

Another question on NAV & Radio buttons and GNS530 :

The NAV Frequ & Radio Frequ can't be changed directly on the GNS?

It's possible somewhere to change myself the code for have Radio frequ on 122.800 everytime I jump in the cockpit (133 now)

Keep cool and work on the 737, is not a speedy thing ;)

Regards.

I am going to try and sneak this in just as soon as I can...clearly a few things have broken somewhere along the line.  We have crossed major milestones on the 737 and I am going to peek into the MU2 code again just as soon as I can squeeze it in...its  the next thing TODO in my inbox behind some 737 items....I promise you guys will get a fix!

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

Ok...I just sucked it up for a few hours tonight and took a stab at this.  The MU2 is an "old girl" that hasn't kept up with the latest and greatest gizmo....so I had to take some time to bring into specs.....Ben Russell was kind enough to do the initial port for me as I was busy wiht the 737 "way back then" too.  With this latest work, the MU2 is in a code state "on par" with the 737.....I do NOT mean on par in simulation accuracy....only in that the code workflow is now the same...and it should be easy enough for me to make improvement on the MU2 more frequently.  

So for now, we're going to test the transponder...also see if we can't come up with a more elegant solution for the brake problem (V key,  B Key, hardware pedals, parking brake)...NOT as easy as it sounds keeping everybody happy.....we may have to simply.  More soon.

Do note that the transponder has a "timer"...where when you enter a code...you have to wait 5 or 7 secs before entering another code...so it may apear as if keys are not working after entering a code.   I can probably do this better now...but that code is several years old and probably a bit amateurish :P  I'll see what I can do after the 737....but at the least, we should get it working as it did.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 6

just a quick report....as you know I'm totally swamped with 737 work.  I did take 2 hours last night to troubleshoot a few more MU2 bugs associated with the "porting" to updated Gizmo and believe I have the MU2 back to the state it was before the transponder bork...at first glance anyhow, not from a comprehensive test.   We could put out the update now and the transponder would be fixed I believe, but the brake bug (which has been there a while) might be present so I'd like to take a stab at fixing that before we do a patch.  More to follow.

Perhaps Jaggo or someone might be willing to test a code patch and see if it fixes their issues?.....if so, I'd prefer customers who are very sure of the nature of their issue and willing to be a guinea pig, test and verify unequivocally if said issues are fixed or not....you guys need to be the satisfied ones.   Note that I fly with a trackball and keyboard and so can't verify some preferences and configurations.  If one of you guys here who are aware of a problem, are willing to test a patch, hit me up on PM and we can discuss feasibility.

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tkyler said:

just a quick report....as you know I'm totally swamped with 737 work.  I did take 2 hours last night to troubleshoot a few more MU2 bugs associated with the "porting" to updated Gizmo and believe I have the MU2 back to the state it was before the transponder bork...at first glance anyhow, not from a comprehensive test.   We could put out the update now and the transponder would be fixed I believe, but the brake bug (which has been there a while) might be present so I'd like to take a stab at fixing that before we do a patch.  More to follow.

Perhaps Jaggo or someone might be willing to test a code patch and see if it fixes their issues?.....if so, I'd prefer customers who are very sure of the nature of their issue and willing to be a guinea pig, test and verify unequivocally if said issues are fixed or not....you guys need to be the satisfied ones.   Note that I fly with a trackball and keyboard and so can't verify some preferences and configurations.  If one of you guys here who are aware of a problem, are willing to test a patch, hit me up on PM and we can discuss feasibility.

-tkyler

Hi Tom,

I am there for testing... 

Jakob

what a difference a few years of experience makes.  Given all my experience on the 737, the brakes are working beautifully on the Mu2 now and only took me 30 minutes to code.  So now, the command keys for brakes are tied right into the "toe brakes".  Hit the 'V' key and you can see the brakes pedals go to max.  Hit 'B', they go half way....if you have pedals, you're obviously fine..and the parking brake is completely on its own...so, it should all just be "normal" and as expected now.  Patch forthcoming asap....schedule conflicts over the next week make the exact patch update uncertain.

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

so I squeezed in a bunch of cockpit sounds too while i was at it....I lifted the sound engine (not engine sounds) off of the 737.  So not all....but most of the cockpit switches have sounds...knobs too etc.  The radios are a tiny bit refined.   A rotating beacon sound was added, inside and out....mostly this was as test drive of the stolen code (if you an steal from ones self)...to make sure it works.  This will make the next eventual update of the MU2 quite a bit fancier I reckon.  I'm doing a few test flights with the autopilot...and then will pass it off to XA for patch distribution sometime over the weekend.

-tkyler

• Upvote 3

May I please ask what the state of the patch is?

The transponder is still an issue.

Would love to see this beautiful aeroplane receive some code TLC.

Thanks,

Fabio

Edited by Fab10

I do not think it will happen a period of time after when the 737 is released. So I am guessing a month or two maybe after that release.