Won't install... Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)

Jacoba

Jacoba,

Perhaps try a restart of the computer? I presume you are, but are you logged in as an admin?

I have just double checked the installer on my Snow Leopard install, and also had a fellow developer run a Mac test earlier in the day. Aside from that, plenty of Mac customers so far!

Which version of Snow Leopard are you running?

FYI,

I just downloaded a couple of apps for Mac and installed them w/o any issues.

I'm still investigating on my end.

Hi, Jacoba,

I trust your abilities with your own computer, and understand things can happen. We'll definitely make our best effort to get to the root cause of the issue you have experienced! :)

I know you will, thats' no biggie on my end.

I'm just flummoxed, as this is the first time I've had anything like this with my Mac.

Also I noticed the "installer" actually as an .app (application) extension and not the usual .dmg extension most Mac installers come with.

Dunno if this matters or not.

Also I noticed the "installer" actually as an .app (application) extension and not the usual .dmg extension most Mac installers come with.

Dunno if this matters or not.

Hi, Jacoba,

The app extension is an actual application file, just like Safari, iChat, etc. The .dmg files are images, and are equivalent to things like a virtual CD in your drive.

You should not be seeing the .app extension there. Normally OS X hides that, and that definitely may be a great place to start. Thanks for sharing that information!

In the meantime, please see the response to your e-mail support request, and if you don't mind, I may pick your brain on this a little more as I continue to investigate and solve this issue so we can prevent it in the future.

• 9 years later...