Printable checklist?

kneighbour

I know that there is a software checklist system with the plane, but I like to print these things out and laminate them.

I guess I can type in my own checklist, but before I do that, I was wondering if this has already been done? 

A POH would be even better, but so far have not been able to find one.

• 2 weeks later...

A small observation on your checklist procedure, but quite important on real life.

You never put both engines running and then disconnect the GPU, because the GPU connection is below and close to RIGHT engine prop and the ground personnel may get seriously hurt or killed during operation.

You have to start Left engine first and its generator, monitor left gen is producing electricity and ready (takes a few seconds)

You disconnect external power on the overhead panel to transfer the load to l-gen

You notify ground personnel to disconnect the GPU (hands signal, un-check the gpu on the simulation)

External power available light extinguishes on the overhead panel

Ground personnel make signals back to you it is safe and clear to initiate R engine startup procedure and you confirm.

note:

you may check real life procedure link below 

04:22 L engine running, L gen reset/on, external power disconnect

04:24 Disconnect hand signal to ground personnel

04:31 external power available extinguishes (seems ground personnel disconnected the GPU)

05:22 ground personnel cleared the wing and notifies pilot, pilot confirms R engine (2) startup procedure.

hope this helps

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

kneighbour,

Let us know when you have your document finished. I'm confused by all the posts going back and forth. Hopefully you're tracking with all these.

I've never done a manual start, but would like to try once you have the "official" version done.

I have a new version up there. Basically now start with the Left engine first.

Starting manually is pretty easy (as long as it starts). You don't need to worry about fuel pumps or anything.

04:22 L engine running, L gen reset/on, external power disconnect
04:24 Disconnect hand signal to ground personnel
I have amended my checklist to reflect this order. I do have one small question, if I may? When you start the Left engine, then do the reset on the L gen but before you disconnect external power, how do you know that the L Gen is working?

The generator only seems to come online AFTER you disconnect external power. The DC panel meter shows the generator output at 0.

yes the generator will not come online to take the load if the GPU is still active, this is by design, you should disengage the GPU from the overhead center panel to transfer the load to L GEN.

You know the L GEN is working because once you fire it up no alarm is raised, otherwise a master alarm + sound + LGEN fail will illuminate.

So

1. turn on left engine

2. turn on/reset left gen, wait a few seconds

3. disengage gpu for load transfer, disconnect gpu to clear the wing

4. initiate right engine startup

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...