Setting joystick commands via X-Plane menue

trevg

Win 7 64 bit

X-Plane 10.40b2

Logitech joystick,   CH Yoke,  CH Throttles.

I set up the buttons via x-plane controls with saab cmds.

All work ok shut down and restart and they are all mixed up.

All the standard commands of X-Plane stay as programmed.

Used X-Assign and the Saab cmds only do not stay programmed.

Any way I have misunderstood this or is this not possible  ??

Have also tried with your latest update today.

Been waiting patiently for this for so long,

Hope it is my error somewhere. :huh:

I set up the buttons via x-plane controls with saab cmds.

All work ok shut down and restart and they are all mixed up.

All the standard commands of X-Plane stay as programmed.

Used X-Assign and the Saab cmds only do not stay programmed.

I want to make sure that my esteemed colleagues have not jumped to conclusions. Are you saying that when you assign a "button" to a Saab command that the assignment "disappears" the next time you load the Saab or X-Plane?  If so, that does not happen when using the standard button assignment feature under the X-Plane Joystick and Settings menu.  I just tested it and it works as expected.

I cannot speak for X-Assign as I do not have it.  If X-Assign is not retaining the command assignments, you will need to check with the author as to why.

Edited by JGregory

Thanks Jim for your reply,

Yes the commands get rearranged or lost completely on shut down of XP and a restart.

I have used 26 buttons previously, used with no trouble.

I will take out x-assign and try again today in case it is doing something strange only with the Saab.

The only time I have had trouble is with a new release ver of XP when the code has changed, the same with all planes.

Regards

have a close look how x-assign works, description, workarounds and usage. if you assign saab cmds to buttons you will loose them upon reload. You have to assign them to keys as well to retain them. And in such case xplane re-arange numerics ids you are done and there is nothing to be done yet. 

this is not a saab issue.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12551

Edited by mmerelles

have a close look how x-assign works, description, workarounds and usage. if you assign saab cmds to buttons you will loose them upon reload. You have to assign them to keys as well to retain them. And in such case xplane re-arange numerics ids you are done and there is nothing to be done yet. 

this is not a saab issue.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12551

Thanks for the clarification.

After playing today swapping and trying many options.   (Never had this problem in saab ver 1.1 with x_assign.)

So if I want to play with the Saab all works very well with the buttons sticking to my programmed settings.   YES  :) :)

Soon as I introduce X-Assign the CMDs get swapped around now  - so not the Saab's problem...........

But I want to fly my Les DC3 tomorrow for a couple of hours (great plane also)  oh redo all my keys.

Then I want to have a flight in the Saab, redo all the keys again   PITA

The workarounds above is for the problem of each xp ver and the code being changed internally.

Once you re programme it would stay till next ver release, I have used that process in the past.

Wish there was a file we could save the button actions for each plane.

One other small problem I have Jim, the L.bat switch any problem in leaving it in OVRD  ???

Reason - my GoFlight equip will only work with it in this position. Ver 1.1 worked in the normal position.

Regards