Take Command! Saab 340A Version 1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2 update for the Take Command! Saab 340A. All customers who have purchased the Saab 340A up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Saab 340A from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the Saab 340A purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: Saab 340A".

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THE SAAB CURRENTLY INSTALLED DO NOT UNINSTALL IT! THE NEW INSTALLER WILL SCAN AND UPDATE YOUR FILES!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• New Gizmo version with huge performance improvements over version 1.1 of the Saab.
  • Fixed bug in anti-skid system preventing user from applying brakes.
  • Fixed bug where changing the NAV selector would not display the proper annunciation on the EADI.
  • Fixed bug where Glideslope was not being recognized when switching between NAV1 and NAV2.
  • Adjusted reverse/beta/feather/norm modes.
  • Adjusted sound engine to handle negative gain.
  • Adjusted fuel crossfeed logic.
  • Logic for Xvalve and bleed valves re-written.
    • Changed bleed air and power requirements for proper operation.
  • DC selector dial reworked to be more user friendly.
  • AP engage delay time reduced.
  • Adjusted engine oil pressure warning parameters.
  • Corrected logic for determining valid signals for nav radios.
  • Adjusted logic when the Altitude Advisory speed is displayed on the EADI.
  • Corrected fuel pump logic on engine failure.
  • Autocoarsen logic revised to be more accurate per AOM.
  • OBS1, OBS2, Heading, and Altitude Selector manipulators changed to be more user friendly.
  • Added logic to "force" the Power Levers to the Ground Idle position for Auto-Start
  • Fixed bug where AP disconnect annunciation would appear at startup
  • Fixed bug in fuel used calculation.
  • Added NAV2 radio test logic to glideslope display.
  • Added Garmin GNS530.
  • Added scroll wheel manipulator option to G530 frequency selectors.
  • Removed Mini-GPS.
  • Complete re-work and update of all Collins ProLine II Radios.
  • Added new Collins ProLine II Radio 2D Pop-up with scroll & click for freq selectors.
  • Added scroll wheel manipulator option to 3D PLII radio frequency selectors.
  • Added User Preferences for scroll wheel adjustment and scroll zoom.
  • User Preferences are saved between sim sessions.
  • Added "Reset All" option to Virtual Checklist.
  • Added scroll manipulator option to altitude pre-select.
  • Adjusted prop animation in windy conditions
  • Added scroll manipulator option to HDG, CRS1, and CRS2 dials
  • Added Pop-up GUI for HDG, CRS1, and CRS2 panel.
  • Collins radios and digits lights now automatically ON at aircraft startup.
  • Corrected annunciation for ALTS and GS armed simultaneously.
  • Changed default sun visor position.
  • Adjusted dome lights.
  • Fixed numerous LIT texture files.
  • Added visual exhaust when HDR in use.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 7

Cameron and team,

Many thanks what can I say? This was my aircraft of choice before Yosemite and the following xplane updates before I abandoned it because of poor performance on my modest spec iMac. But now the performance and frame rates are loads better and flyable, and the scroll wheels, gps etc wonderful. My aircraft of choice once more, thanks again.

Roger

• Upvote 2

Awesome, been waiting for this.

I noticed it has the Garmin 530.  And when it boots up the nav data is very old.  I cannot find any nav data folder for this GPS.  Is it possible to update the nav data with navigraph?  I am used to updating the 430, I havent used the 530 much and now that its on this plane id like to get accurate waypoints etc.

Thanks

Awesome, been waiting for this.

I noticed it has the Garmin 530.  And when it boots up the nav data is very old.  I cannot find any nav data folder for this GPS.  Is it possible to update the nav data with navigraph?  I am used to updating the 430, I havent used the 530 much and now that its on this plane id like to get accurate waypoints etc.

The GNS530 is X-Plane's default GNS (plus some fancy startup screens) and therefore uses the same navdata as the 430.

Have only given short trial so far but looks very promising thanks. one small thing at the moment. There seems to be a problem when in overhead view where the clickspot for the blind is now reversed and is in conflict with the gizmo tool menu?

Madair

Edited by madair

Just would like to say a massive thank you for this update.  The first thing i noticed was the frame rate increase and after staring the amazing exhaust.  Only done a couple of quick circuits so far but you can see the effort that you have put in.  Thanks again :-)

Better frames, consistently nice panel textures, sounds etc. Nice update.

But seriously, still no cockpit glass?! This is the only payware plane I have with empty spaces between the cockpit struts. Why go to so much trouble recreating lovely little nicks and wear and tear on the fascia surfaces, only not to spend the hour or two it would take to put some visible sense of glass in the windshields?

Yes my X-plane is in the Program files (x86) folder

I strongly suggest you remove X-Plane from this folder. It is known to cause some major issues for X-Plane.

Better frames, consistently nice panel textures, sounds etc. Nice update.

Glad you like it!

Hi LES team!

Just wanted to express my huge thanks for the hard work that's gone into this update and making the Saab 340a even better! Absolutely loving it and racking up the hours nicely!

On a side note: when I started it up this afternoon - first time since update - I did have that strange 'engine 1 not starting issue', where it spools up and the eng1 Temp readout remains stuck at 32(0) degrees

Annoyingly, I can't reproduce the problem now, but for future reference, what would you require from me to help you gain a better insight into what's going on? The x-plane Log file?

For what it's worth, here is what I did to encounter the issue, and how I eventually worked around it:

- First flight after update to 1.2. Cold & dark at KSNA, East Ramp

- Had used Carenado PC-12 and B200 immediately prior to loading Saab 340a Passenger Variant where I had remapped Saitek throttle quadrant assignments.

- Before starting, I used Gizmo CL assignment util. Checked levers moved in-cockpit levers. Good to go.

- All startups by the checklist. Start eng1, it spools up then Temperature readout 'hangs' at '32'. Cancel start by retarding CL1

- Start eng2 same way, fires up immediately no probs.

- Tried reloading Saab 340a Passenger variant several times to no avail.

- Clicked Gizmo RebootButton to no avail

- Restarted X-Plane to no avail

- Unmapped CL levers on throttle quadrant in Xplane > Settings > Joystick & Equipment to 'nothing' (previously assigned to 'prop1' and 'prop2')

- Loaded Saab Cargo variant. Problem solved! Engines started no problem.

- Loaded up Passenger variant and problem solved. Engines start fine.

I also came across the other bug which already been mentioned (VOR1 data not displayed in bottom left when VOR2 (Nav S R) is active).

Thank you again for all your hard work and an amazing aircraft that I love flying!

Alex

GizmoLog.txt

Edited by AlphaCharlie

- Unmapped CL levers on throttle quadrant in Xplane > Settings > Joystick & Equipment to 'nothing' (previously assigned to 'prop1' and 'prop2')
I think this is an issue.   Since everything worked fine after you unmapped the CLs, I think you've answered the question as to why the problem is occurring.  The CLs should NOT be mapped to prop1 or prop2. 

Thanks for the service update guys, the changes are very welcome on what is an already outstanding aircraft.

One prob. however (apart from the click spot on blind in overhead view already advised). When I load the aircraft I get a fault report message which I think is GIZMO related as it remains available at the top of the "menu" after being closed. No apparent affects on the subsequent flight but appears each time I load now. Not sure if I can copy the fault list but here is the log text and GIZMO text. Ant ideas please?

Thanks

Martin (Madair)

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by madair

Martin,

What you are seeing IS an error, and could affect the Collins radio pop-up. Thanks for including the log reports, they were very helpful. I will check this out further and let you know.  

Update:  I am going to send you a file and instructions via PM.

Edited by JGregory

I have to say, the fps increase is a blast. On my system i was constantly gettin 20-22 fps with the saab, but 30 with the flightfactor t7. I always thought that there was some potential left. Now I am getting 30-31 fps with the Saab at the Airport and I love it. 30% increase is amazing :D I thought we get a modest fps increase, but this makes this plane my absolute favorite again (until the ixeg is released :) )

Edited by alpha12125
  • Upvote 1

I have to say, the fps increase is a blast. On my system i was constantly gettin 20-22 fps with the saab, but 30 with the flightfactor t7. I always thought that there was some potential left. Now I am getting 30-31 fps with the Saab at the Airport and I love it. 30% increase is amazing :D I thought we get a modest fps increase, but this makes this plane my absolute favorite again (until the ixeg is released :) )

I've put in a lot more time with it now the frames have improved. And they really have improved, to the point it's one of my smoother rides. It's allowed me to enjoy some of the extra little effects like the automatic checklist and the views. Really nice for people who usually can't spare time to sit down with more complex systems. And the modelling / textures / sounds really are drop-dead gorgeous. It's quickly becoming my favourite plane.

Now if they could just put some cockpit glass in...(ducks).

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I appear to have lost the radios pop-out functionality on the Passenger variant today. It was working fine last night (yeah I know, not very useful :) ).

If I load the cargo variant it works fine for that, but reverting back to passenger variant does loses the popout functionality.

I can see the mouse icon change on the radio clickspot to a pointy finger (have tried all the radios, with and without TrackIR disabled), but clicking does nothing.

I have tried restarting X-plane a number of times and reloading the Saab at different airports to no avail.

Help!

Hopefully the attached Gizmo and XP log files are useful to you. Failing that, I guess maybe a re-install?  Many thanks in advance!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Hopefully the attached Gizmo and XP log files are useful to you. Failing that, I guess maybe a re-install?  Many thanks in advance!

Very weird! Haven't heard of this before, but I would suggest re-running the installer as just a simple upgrade and see what happens. Shouldn't take much of your time to accomplish a small download! :)