3nm Approach

Ram Cummins

I just bought the SAAB 340 and its great. But I am having a couple "problems." 

1. When in X Plane I select from the airports menu; "3 mile approach," but then the plane is completely shut off and just falls out of the sky where I would usually start the preset approach. Is there some way to do this correctly?

2. Is there any way to open the plane and have the engines already running? (I'm assuming not)

Thanks,

Eric

1. To start 3nm out requires the engines and all systems to be running.  Because of the amount of code and the steps required to get all those systems up and running, X-Plane can't load these kinds of situations for an aircraft this heavy in code.

2. No, but you can utilize the Auto Start feature which gets all the vital systems started.  You will need to take a few extra steps, like setting the Condition Levers to MAX, check Bleed Air valves, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

1. I'm not in front of x-plane now, but I think that in the local map you have an option to put your plane at 3NM (in the upper left ?).

So start your flight at an airport, start the engines with the autostart option, then go to local map to use this option.

Guillaume

• Upvote 1