CRJ200 Autopilot and NAV issue

mburgnon

Hey guys, first post here but I was having a problem with the CRJ200 autopilot where when I enabled NAV mode, it wouldn't intercept the flightpath and would just fly right past it. No matter how close I got to the flight path it wouldn't intercept it. A response would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Please consider posting a video of what you're doing.

This may not be very clear what the problem is in the video bc it's a recording of the flight and doesnt have my voice but I tried my pest :P. In the video i showed you all the jegs and the PFD. The NAV button is activated and the FMS is selected as NAV source. You'll see me have the NAV button activated but the plane never intercepts the flight path and flies right through it. https://youtu.be/CzT-hofORTY

Edited by mburgnon

I have to admit...the replay mode there is a little hard to follow in some areas, and it's unclear what happens after the end there because you're right about to intersect. 

That said, I notice that you're coming into the intersection at a turn, and at a relatively steep degree angle. Have you tried capturing at a straight-and-level angle close to 20 degrees or so?

I have to admit...the replay mode there is a little hard to follow in some areas, and it's unclear what happens after the end there because you're right about to intersect. 

That said, I notice that you're coming into the intersection at a turn, and at a relatively steep degree angle. Have you tried capturing at a straight-and-level angle close to 20 degrees or so?

Yes, at many points, I have tried intersecting at a straight and level flight and I have also even tried intersecting straight into the flight path. I apologize for the video being hard to follow but I was trying my best because i've never recorded x-plane before :P