Bad performance saab 340

jcmc1405

Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade my RAM to 8GB?. Several people have told me that it's a waste of money...

It depends. If the people telling you it's a waste simply would buy a new computer then yeah, it's a waste.

But if you can't buy a new computer in the next few months or even in this year, but you can upgrade your RAM, I would say absolutely go for it. I consider 8 GB the absolute minimum one should have for XP 10 + addons.

It depends. If the people telling you it's a waste simply would buy a new computer then yeah, it's a waste.

But if you can't buy a new computer in the next few months or even in this year, but you can upgrade your RAM, I would say absolutely go for it. I consider 8 GB the absolute minimum one should have for XP 10 + addons.

757_PW_200_2.png

My usual settings. Disabling HDR makes me get 20-25 fps. With HDR enabled 10-15 fps

757_PW_200_2.png

My usual settings. Disabling HDR makes me get 20-25 fps. With HDR enabled 10-15 fps

Okay, thanks. 20 to 25 is enough for real-time simulation.

Things to try if you don't want to switch off HDR:

• reduce world detail distance to "low"
  • disable antialiasing
  • reduce your screen resolution
  • you can probably increase texture quality to "very high" and set anisotropic filtering to 16

Of course, if you combine these suggestions with switching off HDR, you should only rarely get any frame rate problems any more.

Okay, thanks. 20 to 25 is enough for real-time simulation.

Things to try if you don't want to switch off HDR:

• reduce world detail distance to "low"
  • disable antialiasing
  • reduce your screen resolution
  • you can probably increase texture quality to "very high" and set anisotropic filtering to 16

Of course, if you combine these suggestions with switching off HDR, you should only rarely get any frame rate problems any more.

Sorry, I made a little mistake here. With the settings published above I get 18-20 fps WITH THE 757 professional. With the same settings, but HDR dissabled I get 30 steady fps in the 757. However, with the saab I get 15 fps with HDR and 18 without HDR. Why this little plane is heavier on fps that the 757 professiona?. I even tried with the flyjsim 727 and I get WAY better performance... I can only think it must be the back passenger cabin what is making this plane so heavy on fps (hope there is a way to remove it), or something beyond my understanding..

As aditional information. I had to lower de rendering distance to low, texture resolution to normal, disable all "things to draw" and "special effects" to achieve steady 23 fps with this plane... That is excesive  :mellow:

Edited by jcmc1405

Then please try my suggestions and see if it improves.

Also (as I already said), using SkyMaxx Pro instead of default clouds + Autolod will give you a significant performance boost.

Yeah I totally forgot about autolod, I am going to try it right now. About Skymaxx, as soon as I have some money I will buy it.

Then please try my suggestions and see if it improves.

Also (as I already said), using SkyMaxx Pro instead of default clouds + Autolod will give you a significant performance boost.

Please explain me about the reduced resolution... how do I reduce it without the black square appearing around my screen? Edited by jcmc1405

Please explain me about the reduced resolution... how do I reduce it without the black square appearing around my screen?

In the settings of your graphics driver, you should be able to select a scaling mode, usually you can select between proportional scaling, non-proportional (full screen) scaling or no scaling. Non-proportional means that the picture gets distorted (so that circles become ellipses).

On my system, my native screen resolution is 1440x900, but since a while I play in 1280x720, because this is better for my FPS and also removes the need for resolution changes when recording videos (1280x720 is 720p HD). This gets up-scaled by the graphics driver in a way that the screen has no borders left and right. But as I chose proportional scaling, I have to live with black bars on the top and the bottom. Also, the picture is not as sharp as with native resolution. However, in the tradeoff between FPS, HDR and sharpness, I chose HDR+FPS, not sharpness without HDR.

You'll need to find out the compromise that suits your own needs best.