Crash with STAR/SID's of new Doha international airport/OTHH

SwissCyul

I wanted to fly from Doha to Munich with the FF 777 today. I loaded the aircraft and entered the inertial position/airport Code OTHH which is the new airport in Qatar. Then i activated my route and went on the DEP/ARR page. As soon as I click on <Dep for OTHH X Plane freezes up and I have to force quit it... My log.txt doesn't show anything unusual, I can see that the aircraft and SASL is loaded up correctly and nothing is wrong. I really don't know what the problem could be. I checked the navdata folders of X Plane and the 777, both have OTHH/Doha Hamad included with Sid's and Star's... I'm using cycle 1412.

I hope you guys can help me figure out what's the problem here... :)

Log.txt

I now managed to get to the <Dep page without a crash, but there are only runways listed and no SID's... If I select a runway the SID's that are listed in the OTHH.txt file in the navdata folder of the 777 won't show up. When I go on <Arrival there are no runways/STAR's at all... Very strange :)

I wanted to fly from Doha to Munich with the FF 777 today. I loaded the aircraft and entered the inertial position/airport Code OTHH which is the new airport in Qatar. Then i activated my route and went on the DEP/ARR page. As soon as I click on <Dep for OTHH X Plane freezes up and I have to force quit it... My log.txt doesn't show anything unusual, I can see that the aircraft and SASL is loaded up correctly and nothing is wrong. I really don't know what the problem could be. I checked the navdata folders of X Plane and the 777, both have OTHH/Doha Hamad included with Sid's and Star's... I'm using cycle 1412.

I hope you guys can help me figure out what's the problem here... :)

attachicon.gifLog.txt

Do you have a custom Doha scenery? The cause of the crash could be the custom scenery airport layout, which I also experienced a while back.

I tried it without all scenery and plugins, still no luck sadly. I think the problem is, that X Plane itself doesn't have OTHH in its database yet, so there's some conflict between the 777 Navdata the main x plane apt.dat :) 

I tried it without all scenery and plugins, still no luck sadly. I think the problem is, that X Plane itself doesn't have OTHH in its database yet, so there's some conflict between the 777 Navdata the main x plane apt.dat :)

That's got to be it, I mean the airport opened fairly recently ;)

I wanted to fly from Doha to Munich with the FF 777 today. I loaded the aircraft and entered the inertial position/airport Code OTHH which is the new airport in Qatar.

Some things do not tie up with your Log.txt

Line 1935: 0:00:02.534 I/FLT: Init p0 type:loc_ram apt:OTBD rwy:34R

That says X-Plane loaded your aicraft at OTBD rwy:34R and NOT where you claim OTHH.

There are also some 774 lines of FAILURES listed in the same Log.txt

0:00:02.534 I/SCN: Failed to find resource 'material_3_83.dds' (parent = 'Custom Scenery/aaDoha/objects/' at 'Custom Scenery/aaDoha/objects/material_3_83.png'

So there are lots of problems with 'Custom Scenery/aaDoha/'

.. My log.txt doesn't show anything unusual, I can see that the aircraft and SASL is loaded up correctly and nothing is wrong. I really don't know what the problem could be. I checked the navdata folders of X Plane and the 777, both have OTHH/Doha Hamad included with Sid's and Star's... I'm using cycle 1412.

Well that many ERRORs and plugins loaded may not be unusual for you, but temp removing this lot is a good palce to start:

Line 57: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/mac.xpl (Marginal.AutoGate).    Line 61: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/CustomSBDatarefs004/64/mac.xpl (sandybarbour.projects.customsbdatarefs004).    Line 68: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/mac.xpl (gizmo.x-plugins.com).    Line 73: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/HeadShakev1/64/mac.xpl (com.simcoders.headshake).    Line 81: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PythonInterface/64/mac.xpl (sandybarbour.projects.pythoninterface).    Line 83: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/SeaTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.SeaTraffic).    Line 85: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/64/mac.xpl (SilverLining.Clouds).    Line 95: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/XFMC/64/mac.xpl (klm-va.com).    Line 98: Loaded: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Xchecklist/mac.xpl (Michal_Bill.Example.Xchecklist).    Line 390: Loaded: Custom Scenery/EDDM_4_0/plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.EDDM_4_0).    Line 394: Loaded: Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles International/plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.KLAX - Los Angeles International).    Line 398: Loaded: Custom Scenery/Mallorca_9.0/plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Mallorca_9.0).    Line 403: Loaded: Custom Scenery/KSAN - San Diego/plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.KSAN - San Diego).

But I suspect the main reason your having a problem is the files your 777's FMS is using do not agree with the X-Plane Scenery and Data files.

Basically AFAIK, the 777 will only display a list of the available SID's and STAR's if they exist in the 777's default FMS data or the Custom Data folder (if your using an uptodate version of the 777 and XP10.30 or later).

AND the active Scenery for the airport has at least matching runway identifiers so it can try and match up the Rwy, LOC, GS and other NavAids with the Procedure (Proc) files in the FMS navdata.

If you have updated the X-Plane GNS430 FMS data, it should look like this:

post-100522-0-83391400-1414234416.jpg

The GNS430 folder shown above contains the navdata for the new X-Plane GNS430/530 GPS's, (and FF's B777 ver 1.7.0 and above and FF 757 ver 1.20 and above now use that folder if it exists in preference to the Default data supplied with the a/c).

Occasionaly it is worth cleaning out the 777's nav cache folder as it is just possible that yours has got corrupted or out of sync?

On my windows SIM machine its here:

X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\777 Worldliner Extended\plugins\T7Avionics\cache

Just exit X-Plane, then empty the cache folder, do not move/delete or renain the folder, just deleate the contents inside, then restart X-plane and load the 777 again.

Also check out the X-Plane Scenery Gateway, someone had uploaded a new OTHH :)

http://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/OTHH

Only 2-D at the moment, but it;s a start.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729