Converting X-plane from CD rom to new iMac desktop

SuperCubFly

Hello,

I recently purchased x-plane global addition that was for PC and mac but it is a series of CD ROM discs and I guess this was compatible to an old mac and not the new ones, which I have, that don't have a CD ROM. Anyways, is there anyway I can convert this without having to get an apple external CD-ROM? Please let me know, I have limited computer knowledge. 

You could buy X-Plane, again, from Steam and download it online, but you might as well buy (or borrow) an external DVD drive.  It's cheaper to buy an external drive than to buy and download from Steam.  You could try using USB memory jump drives (memory sticks) but you're still going to have to do a mirror of disc one.  I think that disc is copy protected.  Not sure about the rest of the discs.  Best bet:  buy an external drive.  Apple's Super Drive is $79.  You should be able to find one for less than $50.  http://www.macmall.com/p/LG-Electronics-DVD-Drives/product%7Edpno%7E9538224%7Epdp.ibfeifd

There are other ways that involve networking and putting your new iMac into target mode and downloading the install from your older Mac, but the easiest way is still buying an external drive.

Edited by ointment