I miss SimCopter!

OlaHaldor

I really miss SimCopter! I spent hours flying around doing nothing (mostly because I didn't know English very well, since it's not my native language, at an age of 10) As I grew older and understood more, I spent even more hours fulfilling the missions, earning money, upgraded to new helicopters and equipment.

I tried the TakeOn Helicopters game/sim, but the story didn't appeal to me. And at some point you're suddenly in a war zone, crashed, being shot at and have to flee for your life. Not the game I paid for and wanted to have.. 

I've also tried an old SAR (Search and Rescue) prior to TakeOn Helicopters, but it doesn't work with a controller and only works with keyboard controls.

Does anyone know of any helicopter games/sims that are not war related? With missions of some sort? Rescue people, transport something, earn money, upgrade.. Doesn't have to have all of these elements - but the sense of meaningful and rewarding flying would be fun.

I used to have SAR 3 for the playstation.  Can't remember too much about it other than it had a Hughes 500 in it and having to chase a train to rescue people off it, and hovering at various points to winch people off a sinking ferry, also a forest logging mission.  The missions were quite varied and taxing. But it was a PS game, so you could use a ps controller.

Where it was let down was in the controls being set as Mode 1, so you were disadvantaged if you were a Mode 2 flyer.

Air Ranger 2 Rescue Helicopter was the other sim I had for the playstation. Numerous missions, from air ambulance locating car accidents in town and transporting to hospital, to winching vehicles off a bridge.

gfs_27213_2_15.jpg

Edited by Nicola_M
  • Upvote 1