Elevators aren't centred

LJKMartin

Sorry it's been so long since the last update, but I've been away but also my graphics card failed.

Ah-ha, I thought.  But no. I've borrowed a spare from a friend and it's not made any difference.

I've decided to get a new system (the old one is 7 years old), but in the meantime, I'm downloading the demo.  Am I limited in how many installs I can do with the SAAB?

Sorry it's been so long since the last update, but I've been away but also my graphics card failed.

Ah-ha, I thought.  But no. I've borrowed a spare from a friend and it's not made any difference.

I've decided to get a new system (the old one is 7 years old), but in the meantime, I'm downloading the demo.  Am I limited in how many installs I can do with the SAAB?

By default you are limited to three machines or "Operating System" installs.

If you setup your machine, install and activate the saab, then decide you want windows 7 instead of 8... reformatting windows will consume another slot.

This is where we see the most reported cause of "activation exhaustion".

Install and configure your OS, make sure you're happy with all the drivers and whatever else then install and activate your payware.

If you do exhaust them you can contact orders@x-aviation.com to discuss having more machine slots allocated.

• 1 month later...

Can you believe it?

I've got round to replacing my system.

New barebones, new graphics card, new cpu, new dvd drive, new RAM, new SSD.  Same joystick and Matrox triplehead, and I've kept the old HDDs but am not booting from them.

I've used a previous download of the SAAB, but downloaded the X-Plane demo.

Still the same problem!

I'll have to try without the Matrox and a different joystick then?

It's a fresh system and install.

I'd only installed Windows 8.1, the barebones drivers, graphics card drivers, triplehead2go and Kaspersky Internet Security.

If I plug the video direct into a single monitor, I still get the problem.

It's odd how it changes though.  Sometimes, they are too high and sometimes too low.  Could there be a weather effect here?  I usually "use real weather".

OOOH.  I've just switched from clear and dry to the internet download, and the elevators have moved from deflecting up, to deflecting down! 

Changed it back, and they haven't budged.

This is a total mystery to us.  From what I have seen, you are literally the only person to report this.  It's not that I doubt you, as I have seen your screenshot.  It's just that from the sales we've had, you represent less than 1% of people who are experiencing this issue.  This seems to be something unique to your  system that no one can put a finger on.

As a last resort, may I ask you to hold out a short time longer and wait for the new upgrade to be published, and then see if that does anything.