The A310-300 Project

MartinJ

I'm glad you like my work. Regarding the questions of x-plane 123: it's definitely too early in the developement process to make decisions concerning if it'll be freeware or payware. Either way it'll be equipped with a custom fmcs, especially after I found this book in my local library.

Kind regards

Martin

A310_VC8.jpg?dl=1

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for your interest in my project. I'm glad to say that the A310 is progressing quite well. I've spent the last couple of weeks coding the first two ECAM pages. Now those pages are ready and next in line is the fuel system which is quite complicated thanks to the auto fuel feed system and the center of gravity control computer. Coding still is a lot of fun though and that's what it's all about. I'll keep you updated.

Kind regards

Martin

Edited by MartinJ
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your interest in my project and sorry for the slightly delayed answer. There has been some good progress - mostly coding. That's why no new screenshots at the moment. The elec system is done, as is the fuel system. The apu system is next in line but will have to wait a few more weeks as I'm currently taking a little break from the project. 

• Upvote 4

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed answer. The project is definitely not dead it's just progressing at a slower pace at the moment. The reason for that is my newly born daughter who takes up nearly all of my and my wife's time. For those of you still interested in the project I attached a picture showing the current status of the overhead panel. Please feel free to leave a comment if you like.

Take care
Martin

ovhd.jpg

• Upvote 8

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! These are magical times as a new parent, enjoy!

Your project looks terrific, I think I still have some of my old A306 and A313 documentation somewhere, look forward to one day flying your machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for your kind words. Fortunately my daughter is a good sleeper so after putting her to bed and spending the rest of the evening with my wife there's a daily slot of maybe 1 to 1,5 hours to work on the Airbus before I finally go to bed. There're already a few more panels ready since my last post so stay tuned for some more screenshots.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MartinJ said:

Thank you guys for your kind words. Fortunately my daughter is a good sleeper so after putting her to bed and spending the rest of the evening with my wife there's a daily slot of maybe 1 to 1,5 hours to work on the Airbus before I finally go to bed. There're already a few more panels ready since my last post so stay tuned for some more screenshots.

Enjoy every minute of time with your baby. It goes so fast. Before you know it they're a toddler and a whole different handful.

Soon you'll be greeted with "Hi Dad, Bye Dad." when she's too busy playing with friends.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi boeingair,

the A310 as well as the various A300 types aren't equipped with fly-by-wire or any form of flight-envelopement-protection. Instead they offer a classic hydro-mechanical linkage between the flight controls and the control surfaces. Fly-by-wire was first introduced with the A320 although there has been an A300 equipped with sidesticks which Airbus used as flying testbed.

Take care,
Martin

Edited by MartinJ

Hi boeingair,

the A310 as well as the various A300 types aren't equipped with fly-by-wire or any form of flight-envelopement-protection. Instead they offer a classic hydro-mechanical linkage between the flight controls and the control surfaces. Fly-by-wire was first introduced with the A320 although there has been an A300 equipped with sidesticks which Airbus used as flying testbed.

Take care,

Martin

From memory the A300-600 and A310 had AlphaFloor protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi WR269,

you're absolutely right. The A310 is equipped with an alpha-floor-protection and also some other means of overstress protection such as a thrust limit protection. When I read 'Airbus fbw laws' I was thinking of features such as constant pitch and constant role, which don't apply to the classic Airbus fleet.

Cheers,

Martin

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2016 at 5:15 AM, MartinJ said:

Hi WR269,

you're absolutely right. The A310 is equipped with an alpha-floor-protection and also some other means of overstress protection such as a thrust limit protection. When I read 'Airbus fbw laws' I was thinking of features such as constant pitch and constant role, which don't apply to the classic Airbus fleet.

Cheers,

Martin

Hey @MartinJ any news? Don't stop this project please!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...