The A310-300 Project

MartinJ

Hi martin,

Nice project.....

In our museum for flight simulation in holland we have a real retired CAE full A310 flightsimulator that is currently brought back to life although we had to remove the motion system.

If you require pictures or other details just let me know.

You can have a look at www.vluchtsimulatie.nl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a picture to show you guys that I am still working on the project. It shows the autopilot section which I redid. It's always fascinating to see how much time even or especially the small details require to get them right. Next on the list are the side consoles, which are very annoying due to their weird geometry.

A310_VC5.jpg?dl=1

Despite doing all the modeling and having a normal life with a regular job and a wife I'm building my own A310 yoke. I bought a yoke from a real plane maybe a year ago and I've been working on converting it to a pc joystick ever since. If you'd like I can share some photos with you.

Take care!

Martin

Edited by MartinJ
  • Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you like my work. As for the elec panel I'm proud to say that it represents the real thing as far possible. The logic behind the elec system is all custom made and non of the X-Plane basic systems are being used. E.g. the gen1 push button doesn't control the ac bus 1 directly but it sends a signal to the generator line contactor which opens if certain conditions are met. Next the bus transfer contactor 1 opens to supply the ac bus 2 if there's no apu power, external power or generator 2 power available. In addition there's an idg temperature model which leads to a temperature raise if an idg 1 failure occurs. If you disregards the idg 1 fault then gen 1 will fail eventually. So there's pretty much to play with....

Edited by MartinJ

Good news everyone! The elec panel is done and works like a charm. The only two functionalities missing are the standby generator and the land recovery logic. Those will be added later when the respective systems are modeled too. Next on the list is the fuel panel. I'll keep you updated on the further developements.

Cheers

Martin