Flying IFR with Vatsim or Real ATC

kpregira

Great idea!  What would you think about making it kneeboard size?  Make it so you can fold it in half horizontally with all the information you currently have on the left side and then you could use the other side for writing your en route ATC instructions and frequency changes along with your en route times and altitudes.  There's really no reason to use a full 8.5x11 sheet of paper just for clearance information.

I've attached an example of a kneeboard navlog I use when flying on PilotEdge.  I generate my flight plan using AOPA's online flight planner.  I think you have to be an AOPA member to use it, but it's worth the $35 annual dues.  I print the navlog in landscape mode so the right side of the paper is blank.  If there isn't enough room at the bottom of the left side (under the navlog) to write down my clearance and other information, I flip the paper over and write on the blank side.  I have a kneeboard strapped to my leg when flying on PilotEdge rather than using a desk to write on and that's why an 8.5x11 sheet doesn't make sense for me.  The kneeboard makes my sim experience a little more realistic.

navlog-kneeboard.pdf

Edited by ointment
  • Like 1