cockpit light level at night

FloB

At night I need to switch on the main dome light or use the flashlight to navigate in the cockpit.

Parts of the pit are pitch black (glareshield, center pedestal,...) except for the labels. I already fiddle (PITA!) the adjustable spotlights to light up the most important parts...but I would think with the EFIS screens turned on, overhead lights turned on, instrument lights turned on...there should be enough light to eventually see all switches and buttons without the need for the domelight or the flashlight. The domelight is way too bright during operations

Where is the question? Here:

1. What is it like in the real plane?

2. Is this what other users see too or is it my setup / monitor bad eyesight/whatever (already played with monitor settings, gamma settings etc. - without success)

3. Any smart way to have some more light at night in the cockpit?

Thanks

Flo

Edited by FloB

Thanks Jim,

I guess the human eye adjusts different / better to the light/darkness than a camera does, especially when staring at a specific item. Beeing able to feel the switches probably helpes a lot in the real world too. Damn, I can't even find the knobs on the glareshield to adjust the lights ;)

But good to know that the test pilots didn't complain. So I will just fiddle my way and try to feel very much like a real world pilot :)

Happy new year to the LES team. Still lovin' the saab and hardly ever flying something else.

Flo