How do I turn off the Auto-Pilot chirping when I disengage?

breadwild

A newbie question again.

How do I turn off the annoying chirping and flashing [AP] on the EFIS when I disengage the auto-pilot? It goes until I turn off the battery. 

JAR's a320 has a button that silences the warning.

Thanks,

Brad

Press the AP disco button a second time.

Okay, found it in the Systems manual (lots of helpful stuff in there!), but it doesn't say where the button is actually

located. In which of the manuals can I find that?

BTW, as a seasoned pilot of the JAR a320, I'm no stranger to manuals and rather enjoy reading them.

Thanks!

Forget it. Found it by more Googling.

UPDATE: After getting down voted, I realized I should be more helpful and share what I learned and how I put it into practice:

1. After takeoff and reaching a suitable altitude (usually in the 500 ft route, partly because by then I can have the airplane somewhat stable), I tap the quick-view key I have setup for the center console and slide forward and momentarily hold the YD and AP tab switches. Once I know they are engaged (will stay in the forward position), I tap the W-key to get back to the normal cockpit view. Then I can automate whatever navigation help I need (heading or VOR, and climb)

2. On approach when I'm ready to take over, especially on a visual or non-precision approach, I click the A/P button on the left "handle" of the control yoke once, and then a second time. The first produces the aforementioned "chirping" or "calvary charge" alert, and the second click silences it, all while keeping the AP disengaged (in other aircraft I've flown, pressing a second time would re-engage the AP).

Now, on to grasping the CTOT (fortunately lots of good resources on this forum)

Edited by breadwild
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...