Saab 340A update features.

Goran_M

Wow! Thanks! How will you distribute the update? Will it be free?

<br />Sent from my Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Distribution will be handled by X-Aviation.  If you subscribed to the X-Aviation newsletter, you will get a newsletter in your email as soon as the update is available with all details on the update and how it will be delivered.

And yes, it is a free update.

Amazing, thanks for this!!!

As I've seen it with the cessna citation...are the radio memory/store functions also fixed in the saab update?

Cheers

Flo

The Collins radios had a complete makeover and everything works as expected (per the Rockwell Collins Pro Line II Pilot's Guide).  Goran demonstrated the memory functions in the video he did for the Citation, which you can see here.

You will need to be more specific.

It is my understanding that you use BETA mode for ground operations, power levers between grnd idle and flt idle actually controls blade angles instead of engine trust which could be difficult due to lags and turboprops nature, as such aircraft movement and taxing should be smooth and consistent.

It feels to me the aircraft is not consistent during BETA mode, i.e. after landing you can set maximum blade angle and the aircraft will almost stop it takes considerable amount of blade angle to move while the aircraft is lighter compared to before-takeoff which requires minimum blade angle to move. Some times the aircraft may or may not move under the same blade angle. I am not a real pilot, i find ground operations being difficult and a bit unpredictable

Maybe doing something wrong here?

edit: misspelling

Edited by mmerelles

Nice!. Recently bought the plane and I'm loving it. I guess practice will solve some of my issues, but one thing I have not been able to do is to open the main door. I use a trackpad, not a mouse and it just won't work. Would it be posible to add a toggle for button on one of the menus? 

The door is opened by clicking on specific areas of the door/handle.  You should be able to do this with a track pad so I don't think any changes are necessary.  In addition, we will not be making and further changes or enhancements for the next update.

With the citation in development and all, I certainly did noy expect this update on the saab. So basically, you guys rule, thanks!

Imho, the saab is still, at this time, the most in depth prop plane in xplane. That beeing said, I havent flown it for a long time, because of the limited/basic navigation it now has, which makes it hard work to fly online. All my planning crumbles once atc gives me a shortcut and says "go direct to xxxx"   ;)

Can't wait for the update!

Edited by sparkie66