?? Ability to Pan Around Air Craft in Linear Spot View

RChris

I have been flying both X-Plane and FSX for a good while. One thing I like in FSX is it's fluid motion of the aircraft in the exterior views. When panning or during a still view of the aircraft the camera is not nailed to the plane, such as in X-Plane. You get more of a sense that the aircraft is passing through a fluid, rather than riding a rail.

Possibly it has already been discussed, but I can't find anything... Would it be possible in X-Plane to create a view similar to the Linear Spot View that could pan around the aircraft? A view similar to the other standard views but with the motion dynamics of the Linear Spot...

Later

Bob C.

I appreciate your post, but your not following what I am referring to... It is the fluidity of the camera motion when panning or following say the chase view. In stead of abruptly starting and stopping the pan either vertical or lateral, but allowing more of a lag in start and finish. The ability of the aircraft to change position in the camera view due to control input or aerodynamics, and have the camera gently catch up to the original key position. I find that this adds to the sense of actually flying an aircraft through a fluid, rather than being fixed to a rail. I really enjoy X-Planes Linear Spot View, but wish you had more control of it. Instead of just being able to zoom in and out, be able to pan both vertical and laterally around the aircraft. Stay with the aircraft. The current version of Linear is great but a variant would be awesome.   

Edited by RChris

Possibly it has already been discussed, but I can't find anything... Would it be possible in X-Plane to create a view similar to the Linear Spot View that could pan around the aircraft? A view similar to the other standard views but with the motion dynamics of the Linear Spot...

You might be interested in this plugin:

http://store.x-plane.org/Chase-View-Deluxe-Plugin_p_40.html

Steve,

Much appreciated! Not 100% what I was after, but far better than stock.

Thanks much!!

You're welcome.  I agree it's not precisely what you want, but I thought it might be a better alternative for you.  The exterior views in X-Plane 10 are really my only disappointment with the product.  V9.7 had much better exterior viewing options, in my opinion.