reversion to cold and dark

madair

I am relatively new to x plane and am generally pleased with the aircraft bought which includes the Saab 340. Given the need to reset an awful lot for each flight including condition levers I am surprised that if I, for instance , change location I have to start all over again. It is very frustrating. Am I missing something here?

Madair

You need to be more specific....but in general X-Plane is not good in saving aircraft configurations, especially when it comes to complex add-ons. There is no way around this as far as I know. My advice regarding the saab condition levers is...just don't use hardware for them. You don't touch them very often, mainly during start-up and never during busy phases of flight.

Flo

PS: Do you know the free x-assign plugin? It's a must have plugin that allows to save joystick buttons, axis settings, field of view, plugin status per aircraft.

PS2: As sometimes X-Plane seems to re-assign joystick buttons unasked, I found that I'm better off with a work-around: I assign my saitek hardware buttons to trigger keys combinations (using the saitek software). Then I use the key combos within X-Plane. Works great so far.

Edited by FloB