Macbook air

Kirkie45

It absolutely depends on what you expect. To my knowledge - and a quick search in google - the Macbook Airs strength are NOT its CPU and graphics (1.4 or 1.7 GHz CPU, Intel HD 5000 graphics) ... both seem to be on the lower end of what can run X-Plane 10. At least it seems to have 4 GB of RAM (which I would say is the absolute minimum for X-Plane 10 nowadays -  sill, 8GB are recommended in combination with many add-ons). So you should not expect lots of eye candy AND high FPS ... Yes, you might be able to fly around at low graphics settings .... or need to endure low (to very low) FPS as soon as you dial up any of those settings. And I think, you will not install too many "eye candy" add-ons for exactly these reasons (because you will not be able to enjoy them to their full potential).

So, indeed, I would highly recommend you at least test the Demo and try how far you can push it before FPS becomes unusable.

By all means try the demo, but I think that the Air is not capable of running XP10 with any fluidity: the CPU and GPU are just not up to the task. Perhaps at the most basic rendering settings you will get workable performance - it just depends what your needs and expectations are. The demo should answer your questions.