Instrument illumination doesn't relocate after moving instruments

jonnycat

I modified the 2-D cockpit view in plane maker, and moved some of my instruments around, and this worked well.  Unfortunately, the instrument illumination didn't move with the instruments, and I am at a loss to figure out how to rectify this. 

Here is an image where you can see the problem: https://i.imgur.com/Ur5twrK.jpg

As you can see, the instrument illumination stayed where the instruments were originally located, creating "ghost images" on the new cockpit.   In PlaneMaker, I am given an error message of "missing _LIT overlay textures", if that helps.

Any idea on how I can fix this (other than turning off the instrument illumination)?

Edited by jonnycat

The panel LIT texture should be modified accordingly (look in the «cockpit/generic» folder of your aircraft). You can make a screen capture of your actual panel and edit the LIT texture in Photoshop. Normally the LIT texture would have a name like «...night_LIT.png» added at the end.

Good luck

Thanks fletch, that worked great!  I just blacked out the .png file, and the ghost images went away.  Afterwards I was still able to adjust the gauge illumination in the cockpit and have it illuminate the instruments; not sure what the _LIT file is even used for, but it works great without it.