KBLI 4.0

Colin S

Looks really nice, Colin! Looks just like it did when a did a cross-country up there.

And I'd be happy to help. Let me know what you had in mind.

You say you did a cross country up here? That's pretty cool - it's a beautiful area to fly in (my opinion, slightly biased, I supposed ;) ) If you have any photos at ALL from Bellingham, they would be hugely appreciated as this is one airport the internet is not proving to be a good resource for. If you're good at texturing in SketchUp  using single phototextures I can let you give it a shot, anyone is better at it than I am.

Thanks for the offer! Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

If you can use/do it in Photoshop, You can try adding monochrome grain, this generally roughens up the smoothness of the digital files. If you need much larger, more defined texture then you need to pick a sample and fill the areas with it. Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about making sceneries but Photoshop skills only. :) Alternatively, email me one image in jpg/png format I shall try. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can use/do it in Photoshop, You can try adding monochrome grain, this generally roughens up the smoothness of the digital files. If you need much larger, more defined texture then you need to pick a sample and fill the areas with it. Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about making sceneries but Photoshop skills only. :) Alternatively, email me one image in jpg/png format I shall try. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you know, my method for scenery is pavement, markings, objects, forests, then last of all orthophoto modification and decal application as during this I remove all objects, lines and weird things from the orthos and I need all those details for development. Don't worry, I'll be doing that, but not for a while.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

This project is a side project now, as I have taken on the responsibility of being in charge of the X-Plane end of Hawaii Photoreal. I'm still hoping to get it done, but it's not number one on my priorities list any more... sorry guys. I may put a couple of hours into the terminal model in SketchUp this weekend to celebrate the release of Kahoolawe.

Hope the new year is treating you all well.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for all the broken image locations - lots of stuff has changed url's and I can't find it any more. In other news, KBLI is back on my plate as an important project, I just organized my flight with my friend to Bellingham International Airport for a texture photoshoot.

• Upvote 1

Great news, Colin!  The weather has been really nice lately.  (Watch out for shadows when taking pictures :) )

There's a reason I'm waiting until May to start development (other than school) - I want the sun higher in the sky for photography, and most of the important sides of the buildings are north facing at KBLI. That being said... let's hope that there is clear weather some time in early May because other than I have a vacation scheduled and a job that might start on the 25th... so I have a narrow slot.

• 6 months later...

After much delay and deliberation, and with a course load decreased from 27 hours/week to 12 hours/week, I have decided to reboot this project for numerous reasons alongside the Hawaii Photoreal work that I have been focused on for months now.

EDIT: I apologize for updating the wrong forum thread a few minutes ago. Disregard that. I am not rebooting the development of a completed project from years ago.

Edited by Colin S