SkyMaxx Pro 2.1 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 2.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Cloud reflections now supported in low water reflection settings
  • Cloud shadows animate smoothly now
  • Small efficiency improvements (eliminated unnecessary callbacks)
  • Added reset button to config
  • Reduced memory footprint
  • Use new dataref in 10.30 to disable default clouds (saves VRAM)
  • Improved cloud visibility distance computation
  • Clouds get darker with coverage
  • Smoother cloud lighting
  • Less cloud popping as camera moves
  • Faster weather update handling
  • Cloud shadows no longer interfere with other shadows
  • Cloud shadows applied more consistently in HDR
  • Anvil clouds now fade out with distance like other clouds do
  • Cumulus clouds no longer allowed to intersect ground level

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 6

For what I see (haven't done a complete long flight yet) the new version has way better clouds they remind me of the first versions. Everything looks stunning! I can tell that this update has been taken very very seriously...LOVE it!!! Thanks!

Edited by flydav

I just wanted to say thank you for yet another update. This version is to my mind absolutley the best yet. Some screenshots here - if you have 2 or 3 screens use them as size matters - they were taken on my 3 screen set up.

http://1drv.ms/1zwtkkR

The smoothness of transitions, the lighting, the way the shadows transition over the ground as the clouds move and the sheer realism is very special.

Have been P3Ding a bit lately (horses for courses and all that) and I use Rex - and whilst it can render a variety of clouds that the X Plane weather engins does not seem to be able to muster, those coulds are not as good as Sky Maxx ones in my opinion. When you are in them they just don't have that special wow feeling that the Sky Maxx ones muster. I have included a couple of P3D shots (I hope this is allowed?) and you can tell the difference straight away - they are good but just not that real - more like a painting for a scenery backdrop than a real cloud.

Thanks again for a great product and another free update - would have paid all over again but much appreciated that I didn't have to.

cheers

Peter

Edited by CaptCWGAllen
  • Upvote 1

One thing I noticed in your comparison shots were how much softer and realistic smp is compared to Rex in p3d.....

Thanks for putting these together it's nice to have a comparison.....

That's exactly right John. The Rex clouds have hard outlines which takes away the reality, and they are not true volumetric I dont think, even in P3D - you don't transition in and out like yours. Loving your clouds. About to go and spend a couple of hours in them!

As a few others have noted it has been a pleasure being a member of the beta team. Reading all the positive comments about SMP v2.1 just confirms that the testers did a good job in bug smashing and pushing and cadjolling Frank and John into creating the best product it can be.

What is even more pleasure is to see Frank come into Xplane Dedicated's live streams. XPD is based in the UK and even with time differences Frank and John will pop in to see us. last night we even had ramzzess join us for a while. How cool is that.

Wycliffe

• Upvote 2