Aegen

File Name: Southern DC3 - ZK-AMY

File Submitter: Aegen

File Submitted: 25 Oct 2014

File Category: Vintage

X-Plane Version(s): X-Plane 9 & 10
Livery For: Click Here For Aircraft

This is a livery-paint for the LES DC3.

It depicts the Southern DC3 ZK-AMY – more or less, within the restrictions of the model, skills – and time available.

While i've been working on this for quite a long time, life 's been quicker than me – when i started this paint-job for the LES DC3, ZK-AMY was still flying, operated by the Southern DC3 Trust in Canterbury, New Zealand, on scenic flights over Christchurch or charters around Canterbury.

The maintenance service fallen due at the end of January this year would have taken the Southern DC3 Trust $50.000 to get ZK-AMY through, so the Trust decided to retire her. ZK-AMY was gifted to the Ashburton Aviation Museum where she is on exhibition now.

Main exterior paint files (fuselage and wings) are in 4K resolution, which allows really high detail. A lot of effort was laid in detailed an accurate rivets and platelines in combination with enhanced normals to achieve a highly detailed surface.

Cockpit paint files try to come close to the real one. The model's layout is somewhat different from the original so a couple of elements were added to to reproduce the look and feel of the AMY's panel and cockpit appearance.

The passenger cabin also gives an impression of the AMY's one cabin within the possibilities of the model. The main files are in 4K too for better detail.

How to install:
Unzip "SouthernDC3_ZK-AMY" to a temp-folder. Place folder named "SouthernDC3_ZK-AMY" in the "Douglas DC-3" liveries folder.

For X-Plane 9:
Some of the exterior and cabin textures are in 4K resolution for better detail, so if you use XP9, place the 2K files in the "XP9_2K"-folder into the "SouthernDC3_ZK-AMY /objects"-folder, overwriting the existing 4K-ones.

If you like to use the added propdisk with white/red/white tips, just place the file "LES_Douglas_DC-3(Wheels)_prop" in the "X-Aviation/Douglas DC-3" main-folder, overwriting the existing file (backup-file of the original one included).

Have fun and hope you enjoy it.

Andreas

Click here to download this file

I downloaded and nothing nasty was waiting so take a chance and download this. Besides, if you have a good virus scanner it will detect any threats and alert you to them, mine does :)

That aside, Aegen thank you for creating this skin.....I used to see her flying over my house nearly every weekend, its a pity she has moved to Ashburton ( I live in Christchurch,about 2 hours north of Ashburton....) to sit and wait,although I feel her days are numbered for getting back into the air again.

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Won`t download this without seeing what we are getting, who knows what kind of virus could be hiding in that zip. Please add some screen shots to help add to the trustworthyness of your intent. Thank you.

You have to go to File Library>Liveries>Vintage>Southern DC3 - ZK-AMY 1.0 to view the screenshots.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/708-southern-dc3-zk-amy/

Won`t download this without seeing what we are getting, who knows what kind of virus could be hiding in that zip. Please add some screen shots to help add to the trustworthyness of your intent. Thank you.

Hello Jim,

As ointment pointed out, you should go via the "File Library" to see the screenshots.

I downloaded and nothing nasty was waiting so take a chance and download this. Besides, if you have a good virus scanner it will detect any threats and alert you to them, mine does :)

That aside, Aegen thank you for creating this skin.....I used to see her flying over my house nearly every weekend, its a pity she has moved to Ashburton ( I live in Christchurch,about 2 hours north of Ashburton....) to sit and wait,although I feel her days are numbered for getting back into the air again.

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Hello Andy,

Thanks, and glad you like it - though it took me quite a long time to finish it...

Greetings from Munich

Andreas

• 7 months later...