XPlane Cockpit

john82088

I am looking into the possibility of building a real simulator utilizing xplane 10 and jetmax/flighdecksolutions products.  Is there anyone in this forum who has done this successfully utilizing this hardware on xplane 10.  This company seems to cater to FSX.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.  

John

PS  My goal is to create this for an aviation class for high school students.  

Having used some of the jetmax/flightdeck solutions, i also based the sim off of windows/fs9 systems.  Those combinations work well together.  But what you are asking utilizes many interfaces.  FSUIPC/XUIPC and Project Magenta software.  There are many choices on componet boards (you don't have to buy off-the-shelf modules).  I think what you want to do is very-do-able with research.  This hobby has been around long enough to not have to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you for your comments.  That is what I am trying to do is find if anyone here has done it.  From what I have gathered so far, it appears that the systems work great with FSX but will require a lot more effort (which I am willing to do if I can find someone who has done it) using Xplane 10.  I really would rather not use FSX if possible.

Thanks again for taking your time to respond.  It is helpful.

John

James Price has done it in FSX and now it runs on X-Plane 10.  He is using Epic cards and controllers.  Takes much more programming but is very do-able.  Stop by cockpitbuilders.com  I bought the majority of my parts from http://www.oncealoft.com/ (Seats, Overhead, and even had him refinish my control yokes).  I have since sold my 727-100 cockpit.

Here is a video link: 

Edited by RocketRod

Really they aren't.  Many before you had that same reaction.  It's all in what you want to do.  Get started, get involved in the community of cockpit builders, and help will be abundant!   I also had no idea on how to do anything, solder switch's, wiring, etc.  It all came into grasp with trying, failing and asking for help.  It becomes a passion.  Start on a small scale, enhance your desktop system with some off-the-shelf modules that you can incorperate into a full cockpit.  Have a look at Goflight radios.  USB plg-n-play and work in x-plane with a python script already available.

• 4 weeks later...