No Clouds :/

Speedbird1995

Hi all, 

I recently purchased this add on, and it was incredible. On the second start, however, a dialog box appeared, where I had to enter my activation details, again. I did, and got an error stating, " Activation Failed. License Updated. " I know I have already activated it. Cameron's first suggestion was to make sure my time-servers were in sync. They were a day behind, which was quickly rectified. Unfortunately, I still have no clouds. And no patience.. Sorry guys, but it's like seeing a tidbit of magic, and then they run away.. like women! ha, just kidding.

If I was to try re-installing it (I hear this has worked for some users), how do I open the dat. uninstaller file on my computer?

Anybody have any tips?

Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i am having the same issue. No clouds. Installation completed successfully. However, i dont see the clouds. I tried reinstalling many several no issues, no errors but it's just the clouds dont appear at all. I can only see if i disable silverlining. wondering if skymaxxpro will work on xplane 10.30?

This looks like the problem:

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl.C:\X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 127 : The specified procedure could not be found.

If the Gizmo plugin can't be loaded, then SkyMaxx Pro can't validate your license, which would cause the clouds to not appear. 

This is similar to the original issue described earlier in this thread, for which Ben Russell suggested a solution in post #5 above. Please give that a try.

(Ben - do we need to start installing a different MSVC runtime set with Skymaxx Pro for Gizmo?)

This looks like the problem:

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl.C:\X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 127 : The specified procedure could not be found.

If the Gizmo plugin can't be loaded, then SkyMaxx Pro can't validate your license, which would cause the clouds to not appear. 

This is similar to the original issue described earlier in this thread, for which Ben Russell suggested a solution in post #5 above. Please give that a try.

(Ben - do we need to start installing a different MSVC runtime set with Skymaxx Pro for Gizmo?)

This situation is extremely rare. Perhaps it's a Windows 8(.1) issue?

I will acquire a copy of Win8 and attempt to resolve in VMware...

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem, just installed and getting no clouds.  I'm on OS X Yosemite, so the possible solution in post #5 above doesn't apply.  I've attached my log file - it appears the licensing check is failing, but I believe Gizmo is working, but I certainly may be missing something.  I appreciate your help!

Log.txt

It says pretty clearly that your license failed to authenticate for some reason, which will result in no clouds. I would first try re-installing Skymaxx Pro to ensure you have to proper version of Gizmo installed for it. Also make sure your computer is connected OK to the Internet so the initial license check can proceed.

If that's not it, you'll need to contact X-Aviation via email or their support form so they can look into the status of your license. It's possible you used it on too many systems too soon or something, or that there is some backend issue only they can identify.