3D Cirrus clouds

mtaxp

Is it possible to implement that? it'll be really awesome when flying at high altitudes.

I don't think it'll "hurt" performance more than "normal" clouds (Hurt? actually nit , performance are much better than default).

And in any case , I think you could add an option for this in the UI.

Hope you'll consider this :)

Hm. It is possible (but not easy - these are very large clouds, and the large-scale structure of the cloud would still have to be preserved somehow.) It would have a performance hit though, as the current representation of cirrus is almost free from a performance standpoint. I actually never realized they looked puffy when you're flying through them - just found a video of it online.

At any rate, you've put the idea in the back of my mind... thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Me too... Well, i started to work on a plugin for glider flying in x-plane with support of my aeroclub, it would be nice if i'll be able to use it in conjunction with skymaxx pro, expecially for thermals under cumulus...let's see what my team will be able to do in next months...

Sent from Mad iPad's Tapatalk

Hey Mat, if you want a beta tester ...... I really think with a little effort from LR, SM and some plane designers, x-plane could become the standard for gliding. I just get the feeling Austin doesn't understand what a big marketplace he's missing out on. It's so near yet so far. I've got a guy (student aero engineer) at our club getting to grips with plane maker. Let's keep in touch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk