JetSim A330 has been realesed!

PinkJackal

Keep in mind folks that not every single developer out there has infinite skills and can just churn out high modeled systems and textures from the start. We all have to start somewhere, evolve and learn from every release and apply it to the next one. I know it may not be the A330 of everyone's dreams but your not the only one JetSim is marketing to. To be honest I believe the high systems fidelity users are a minority among X-Plane and I know plenty of people that want to steer clear of aircraft such as Flight Factor, Leading Edge, PMDG and are perfectly happy with something they can understand and just fly. With a few developers that have raised the bar recently, as a community in general we seem to now have these unrealistic expectations that every aircraft from this point forward will be bigger and better then the last.

Yeah it may be buggy but this is a huge learning experience for them as it is their first major release I believe. Yes you paid money for it but instead of running out back to fetch your pitch forks and torches, work with them to fix the problems. I don't like coming onto forums and seeing negative remarks about peoples hard work. You don't know their level of expertise, they could have worked very hard and did the best to their ability and I'm sure it makes their stomachs churn to read comments that could hurt their reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this A330 improve over the next few updates. Just as SwissCyul has mentioned above, if I do recall, the Jar A320 had a very shaky release and took a good while for it to be where it is today.

With all of that said, it would be nice if developers would start labeling their products into categories such as Lite, Intermediate and such as LES has done with the Take Command series. That way there are no surprises and you don't hold a high expectation. As sounds are important to me it did catch my eye that this A330 has a bullet point for custom sounds, only to find out from early adopters in this thread that it in fact doesn't. That can be misleading as some releases have stated custom sounds only to be referring to a few switches and call-outs to be aircraft specific and then only to use default engine sounds, which in reality, the engine sounds to me would be the most important. This should be taking more in depth to further state what sounds are custom and what aren't.

As someone who sees marketing and sales data, I'd have to disagree with this statement with severe certainty. That's the only comment I have for your post. The rest is up to the community as a whole to agree with. ;)

This is from the perspective of someone without the sales data... but I'd say it's probably pretty even as far as those who want simplicity and those who want in depth systems. Personally, I love in depth systems because it saves me the cost of renting an airplane and learning them from there. I'd much rather learn the systems while sipping my Red Bull in my office.  :P

This is from the perspective of someone without the sales data... but I'd say it's probably pretty even as far as those who want simplicity and those who want in depth systems. Personally, I love in depth systems because it saves me the cost of renting an airplane and learning them from there. I'd much rather learn the systems while sipping my Red Bull in my office. :P

... The sales data says otherwise. What you think is not what you know, nor is it reality.

Just to let you guys know:

The A330-300 disappeared from the .org store... I have no idea why!? 

I'd imagine the devs are taking the chance to fix the bugs people have brought up, and probably address some issues they were going to leave until the 1.1 release.

Although, looking at some of what people are reporting, I'd still bet half the problems are from people not reading the manual. Airbus logic is its own special thing, and if you jump in thinking you know how to fly one, you will be disappointed.

Edited by dpny

For those of you not on the org, we've given Rob a (rather long) list of things that need to be fixed, and fixing it is what he seems to be doing. Hopefully, this is a good sign, since it shows to me that he's still invested in making this thing work (and ideally work wonderfully), rather than just grabbing the cash from a glitchy product and leaving it.

I'd imagine the devs are taking the chance to fix the bugs people have brought up, and probably address some issues they were going to leave until the 1.1 release.

Although, looking at some of what people are reporting, I'd still bet half the problems are from people not reading the manual. Airbus logic is its own special thing, and if you jump in thinking you know how to fly one, you will be disappointed.

As a pilot friend of mine says, "There are 3 types of fixed-wing aircraft: aeroplanes, microlights and Airbuses."

• Upvote 2