Sabb340 Hardly moves

LJKMartin

Hi,

I can hardly get my Saab340 to move.

I have used the quick engine start, set the condition levers to max and have to set the power to max to get it to move at all.

The screen shot shows 75% power but I'm not moving.

Yes, Brakes are off.

Same thing happens if I go through the whole checklist manually.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

LJM

post-16964-0-94114600-1411296136_thumb.j

Hi,

I can hardly get my Saab340 to move.

I have used the quick engine start, set the condition levers to max and have to set the power to max to get it to move at all.

The screen shot shows 75% power but I'm not moving.

Yes, Brakes are off.

Same thing happens if I go through the whole checklist manually.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

LJM

attachicon.gifSaab340a stuck.jpg

I don't have the Saab 340 yet, but have you double checked that the parking break was off? In certain planes (IE Peter's A380) you need to manually turn off the parking break and you need to check that the keyboard command for the break ( B ) is also off. 

Edited by Oliver

Hi,

Brakes definitely off and Condition Levers at Max - I use the TQ panel from the gizmo to indicate this.

If I push to full power I do move, but it takes about two minutes to get to 120 knots.  When I get airborne, there isn't a sudden acceleration - which I think confirms it's not the brakes.

How long should it take to accelerate to 120knots and how much power should be needed to taxi?

Thanks for your help

There have been a few rare occasions where people have reported this, but in all cases, it was because the Condition Levers were too far forward (past max).

Also, I only just saw your screenshot, and it appears your Prop RPM is way too low for the Power setting and Condition Lever setting.  Not sure why this is happening, but that is why you're moving too slow.

Have you tried restarting the sim?

Do you have any other plug ins that might be interfering with Gizmo in any way?

In some cases, these issues can be resolved by reinstalling the add on.

Well, that's made things worse.

I used the Windows Control panel to uninstall and reinstalled the Saab.

No improvement.

Then I tried to install the Hotfix, on each aircraft before trying to fly again.  The Cargo variant crashed X-Plane as soon as I clicked reboot, and X-Plane crashed out when trying to load the program with the Cargo variant as the chosen aircraft (I use the splash screen so I can choose a different aircraft etc every time X-Plane loads.)

Now I've just tried to update my rendering options, before a quick test, and X-Plane crashed out. 

I have to go to work now, so can't look at this again today.

Thinking I should reinstall XP from scratch, update it, then install the Saab before I install any other add-ons.

The only other Add-on I have is SkyMaxx v2.  But lots of scenery, a couple of aircraft and airports.

I am grateful for your suggestions.

LJM

Try scrapping your preferences.  

Go to:

X-Plane 10/Output/preferences

Take every single file out of there and put them somewhere safe outside of the X-Plane folder.  

Restart X-Plane and let it rebuild your preferences.

Then load the Saab.

If this works, permanently delete your old preferences.  You will have to set up your hardware again.

If it DOES NOT work, move your preferences files back to the preferences folder.