X Plane 10 vs P3D scenery,clouds and shadows

CaptCWGAllen

Thought I would post these as I use both sims. They are taken at excatly the same spot in Southern Alaska, same time of day and similar weather. X Plane with HD Mesh V2 (donation wear), P3D with Orbx South Alaska payware. Sky and clouds are Sky Maxx v2, with RTH and REX TD4 respectively. Both are with HDR turnd on. P3D first, X Plane second - but when you see them you probably would have known. Whichever you prefer all I can say is that we are in a great period of the development of flight simming.

PS - click on them because they were shot on a three screen layout and you don't get the full effect if you dont.

http://1drv.ms/1BJEWR7

Edited by CaptCWGAllen
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well, there is an interesting comparison set of different Landclass Scenery in MSFS and HD Mesh Scenery v2 on simflight.de (yes, text is German but pictures are quite "obvious" to understand / click). They are taken at different locations in Germany, but each location has more or less the same perspective (well, I supplied the X-Plane screenshots ... and of course they only approximate the viewpoint):

• Upvote 4

Well, there is an interesting comparison set of different Landclass Scenery in MSFS and HD Mesh Scenery v2 on simflight.de

Hmmm - very interesting Andras. The HD v2 mesh is really stunning I think. Mountain textures in particular just knock Orbx into the dust. Eveything is also in such sharp focus consistently - in P3D the textures tend to focus in over time whic ruins the immersion.

Currently exploring New Zealand and it is fabulous.

Can't wait for v3 - must also download Japan sometime soon.

Fabulous work that you do. Thanks you.

cheers

Peter.

• Upvote 1