Amber Strobe Light

czoog

Hi guys, 

I am looking to create a small custom light, that i can also control the phase.  Sort of like a aircraft beacon/stobe, but Amber.  My goal is to simulate the little amber strobes and rotating beacons lights on ramp vehicles at night.  I've dug through the light.txt, and non of the named or parameterized lights fit the bill.  And using the full custom light, I don't see how I can control phase other than digging in a dataref to control it.

I tore open a few OSX vehicles with similar style lights, but they seem to use the old 9.x way if using VLIGHT and LIGHT commands, which the docs warn against using them as it likely won't be support for much longer.  Plus they have no control of phase and look odd when near each other and their lights bilnking at the same exact time.

Any ideas?  Should I be looking into the datarefs to do this?

Thanks,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I figured it out.  Since there are no out of the box lights like this, I had to animate my own.  I have not tried the strobe yet, but I think that will be a simple On/Off animation.  I tried the harder Amber rotating beacon and I got it to work.  Basically there are two lights being animated... a billboard and a custom spill light (see the test below) I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

• Upvote 3