Duchess Wingspan - Correct Y/N?

Fab10

Hi,

I am considering purchasing the LES Beech Duchess, but I would like to determine whether the wingspan has been corrected?

Some users report that the span is 20' instead of 38', and this can be seen in pictures.

Can someone please let me know if the wing span of the LES Beech Duchess is correct in the latest version (1.3)?

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi,

Is there an update on this?

I may well be wrong about the Duchess wingspan, as pictures and videos can be misleading, so a final comment would be useful for current owners and future buyers.

Otherwise people may have to make an assumption.

Thanks,

Fabio

That wasn't the Duchess he measured against. It was an example aircraft to show his case.

Got it.  At first glance, his opening sentence leads us to believe he has measured the LES Duchess and is assuring us the wing span is indeed 38'.  After your clarification and further study, I now get his drift.

Got it.  At first glance, his opening sentence leads us to believe he has measured the LES Duchess and is assuring us the wing span is indeed 38'.  After your clarification and further study, I now get his drift.

Oops, sorry you're right, that's a bit misleading.

Cameron got it right.

Did some more comparisons in Plane-Maker V10.3b8 and it seems to me the wing span is closer to 27.4 feet, assuming you don't include the fuselage width.  Measuring from the wing root to wing tip looks like 13.7 feet.  From the center of the fuselage to the wing tip is 15.5 feet.  That means the wing span including the width of the fuselage would be closer to 31 feet.  Screenshots attached:

post-13077-0-28827100-1408896417_thumb.p

post-13077-0-62772000-1408896447_thumb.p

post-13077-0-85069300-1408896491_thumb.p

post-13077-0-28890200-1408896515_thumb.p

Edited by ointment

This is likely to be left as is. The product was released many years ago and only now is this really becoming a bigger concern since you started a thread (which is okay).

We get many compliments on the Duchess pretty regularly and for that reason will happily sell it as it stands. You can purchase it if you like, or simply don't purchase it if this now is a major issue for you.

This really just becomes a matter of economics. The complaint for this didn't come soon enough in the products prime of sales to make these types of changes viable at this point and time.

I'm sorry if this comes as a disappointment!

Hi,

No worries, I really do appreciate that you have looked into this.

It's completely understandable that the project cannot be reopened, besides, I'm looking forward to newer and fresher products from XA.

Best wishes,

Fabio

Edited by Fab10
  • Upvote 1