SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 Has Been Released!

Cameron

First post on these forums - greetings all!! I just installed version 2.0 and it is truly impressive. Clouds, and the transition in and out of them are breathtaking in in the simple realism. Reflections in the water are stunning and 'real'. I am most impressed (so far) with the cloud shadows on the ground - brought back almost startling memories of the ones I saw flying as a cadet, many, many moons ago.

My heartfelt thanks to the developers for a quantum leap in X-Plane realism... BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

IceWolf

• Upvote 1

is it possible you are running xplane 10.30bx (where x<7).

I recall several people complaining about rain with no clouds at all, it was acknowledged by the developers and fixed on 10.30b7

As long as i understand if xplane doesn´t tell skymaxx that clouds are present then skymaxx doesn´t have anything to draw. But i may be wrong. Just something to confirm about your xp version.

Edited by mmerelles

NO! Don't do that, if you are going to go that route at least gift it for a friend...... ;)

Great, it's beautiful Maxx. But there are some bugs. When it rises above 10,000 feet, if the visibility is low, all in a moment become CAVOK, but not the clouds. The clouds continue to look to the visibility set in the weather. You will make an update to fix the problem?

Many thanks for the update!
The clouds look fantastic :)

Allow me a question: why not move the shadow of clouds continuously?

It seems that would move the shadow up every 2 to 3 seconds.

Sure, if you are flying you can not see it, but if you stand on the appron
!

Thanks

Edited by hermi

Hi, 

Very good stuff and great improvements, especially with the cloud shadow option. 

Nevertheless, when flying through thunderstorm and after I crashed and tried to toggle replay mode, the view of outside has become totally blurred and small color dots now appear instead of landscape. I closed XPLANE, switched of computer and relaunched, but the view still remain with color dots. 

I can not attach picture but if necessary, I CAN SEND ONE TO THE SUPPORT

Hope his can be sorted out

Thanks for your support 

Philippe 

An insane number of people have been installing SkyMaxx Pro 2.0. We appreciate all of your feedback!

When it rises above 10,000 feet, if the visibility is low, all in a moment become CAVOK, but not the clouds.

SkyMaxx Pro does not set visibility, or do anything special at 10,000 feet. I think the problem here is that X-Plane only gives us a single visibility value, so if there is different visibility at different altitudes that information is not exposed to us. We do increase visibility of the clouds a bit as altitude increases to compensate for this, but for now that's the best we can do with what X-Plane tells us.

Does the volume of the sound effect change depending how far away the lightening is?

If I told you, it would ruin the illusion!

It seems that would move the shadow up every 2 to 3 seconds.

If this bothers you, set the cloud puff rotation setting to zero in the Skymaxx Pro configuration and the shadows will match up with the clouds perfectly. As you said, this is only really noticeable if you're on the ground and there happens to be a shadow where you are. Still, it is a little thing that bothers me as well, and it's likely to be addressed in a later update.

Great clouds shadows on earth, but if I can say, could be better on water. 

Shadows are applied in exactly the same manner over water and land, but I agree they seem more noticeable on the water for some reason. I haven't been able to prove it, but I think the lack of features on the water creates an illusion that makes the edges of the shadows stand out more to your eye.

Seems like the switch between the two visibility setting can not be achieved . 

I think this might be an issue related to certain beta versions of X-Plane 10.30 as opposed to a SkyMaxx Pro issue. I do remember seeing this in 10.30 beta 7, but I just tried some tests with changing visibility in beta 8 and it seems to work fine now.

Anyway, very good improvements and thanks for the support you provide for former skymaxx customers. 

You're welcome! Overall the response has been very positive, and we're enjoying seeing all of the gorgeous screenshots popping up everywhere featuring SkyMaxx Pro 2.0.