SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 Release!

Cameron

Hello Captains!,

I am pleased to announce that SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 will be released tomorrow, Friday, August 8th! Version 2.0 will be free for all existing SkyMaxx Pro 1.x customers!

Frank and John have been showing all of you some beautiful screenshots over the last few weeks, and our beta team worked hard to find any bugs (thank you!) prior to this release. 

The following is a list of new features for SkyMaxx Pro 2.0:

• New cloud shadows with adjustable intensity - uses a new shadowing technique never before seen in X-Plane, with no measurable framerate impact
  • New hi-res cloud puff option - this uses a novel new hybrid approach to combine high-resolution phototexture detail with our volumetric rendering.
  • New lens flare option
  • Towering cumulus clouds (new cloud type!) will be added when thunderstorms are present
  • Ambient light color on clouds more realistic
  • Numerous cloud lighting improvements
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Cloud "popping" as the camera turns should be greatly reduced
  • Better dawn / dusk cloud lighting transitions
  • Rare crash on MacOS when flying with low-quality overcast on should be resolved
  • Further performance enhancements.
  • Overcast conditions with "low" overcast quality improved visually
  • New sky color set additions
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Certain airports won't get stuck in whiteout conditions upon loading when using X-Plane
  • Saving and restoring settings will work reliably.

In the event you missed the videos produced by Dave Robertson, please be sure to check them out below!

We look forward to getting version 2.0 out to you, and can't wait to hear your feedback! We've worked really hard and listened to your requests, so we feel this will be a positive change for all existing 1.0 customers, as well as new customers to come!

Want to see screenshots? Click here!

We'll see you tomorrow!
  • Upvote 18

A big thank you to the developers, John and Frank, and Cameron at X-Aviation for providing V2 for free to existing customers.

This excellent continued customer service/support and knowing that the products purchased on X-Aviation are often improved for no extra cost, only gives the customer confidence in your products as we go forward.

I really do highly recommend X-Aviation as the number one place to purchase add-ons for X-Plane.

• Upvote 6

I would like to thank Frank, John and anybody else behind Sundog for their dedication to make an amazing product even better. Cameron and everybody on the X-Aviation front for making it available to us. Letting us have a free upgrade proves your appreciation for your loyal clientele and does not go unnoticed. Just so you know, i'd would not have mind to pay a small fee for the upgrade. I'll be buying another product of the same developer group in appreciation and will also get me a new add-on from the XA catalog to support all of your efforts and contribution to make X-Plane simply the best.

• Upvote 4

Your support for SM is overwealming and we want to show our appreciation by offering V2 for free....

Your input drove this update and we are excited that we could address many key concerns.

Frank pulled some magic and provided our own cloud shadows and it looks fantastic guys.......

Our beta testers really dug in and provided us with great info,  Im happy to say this is the most refined and optomised version of SM to date.....

I cant wait to see the reaction from the community knowing how awesome V2 turned out....

• Upvote 5