EGCC Manchester Airport (Aerosoft/Icarus Development Team)

airfighter

IMPORTANT - QUICK FIX

SITUATION: Airports (addons) in the vicinity of Manchester Airport disappear. If the "EGCC Manchester Mesh" is removed, or put in lower priority in scenery_packs.ini file X-Plane crashes.

FIX: 

1. DO NOT REMOVE "EGCC Manchester Mesh" folder from Custom Scenery folder!!!

2. Open scenery_packs.ini file with a text editor and move "EGCC Manchester Mesh", below other airports in the area.

3. Download the file below and put it in the "EGCC Manchester Airport" folder, overwriting the old file.

We are working on the release of a patch in the next days, to fix few more issues. Thanks for your patient and we are very sorry for any inconvenience!

Library.txt

Aerosoft has released update version of our Manchester Airport, which resolves the bugs found after the release. Fixes are:

- Fixes a float object outside the airport.
- Hovering antenna at the back of the tower
- Fixed tower view.
- A flying box fixed
- Several flickering solved
- Fixed crashes with other freeware scenery in the DSF.

If you have purchased your copy from another vendor, the update will be available within the next couple days.

The scenery looks great, i agree. But the impact on the FPS at night (with HDR on) is massive! I have almost a high-end-PC with a TITAN 6GB graphic card and i'm having 18 fps at this airport (for comparaison i got 26-27 fps for the Aerosoft EGLL-scenery with the same renderings and the same aircraft). I have more and more the impression tht a lot of energy is put in programming details that are not important for flying but have a huge impact on the framerate - and so on the fun we have flying. In my eyes that's a bad developpment...

It's funny really, I get massively better frames at EGCC than at EGLL. So I don't think you can really blame the author, as it is likely due to your particular rendering options and hardware setup.

You just got me, almost before I press the "Post" button! And thanks for the confirmation of the...below! 

The scenery looks great, i agree. But the impact on the FPS at night (with HDR on) is massive! I have almost a high-end-PC with a TITAN 6GB graphic card and i'm having 18 fps at this airport (for comparaison i got 26-27 fps for the Aerosoft EGLL-scenery with the same renderings and the same aircraft). I have more and more the impression tht a lot of energy is put in programming details that are not important for flying but have a huge impact on the framerate - and so on the fun we have flying. In my eyes that's a bad developpment...

frankbyte,

first of all thanks for purchasing Manchester Airport. We really like to hear more critique than blessing! Critique points to our weak points, so we can improve them and become better.

About performance. We had no doubt from day 1 of development, that our biggest challenge will be performance. We were targeting to put out the highest quality possible, the same time keeping fps at a logical point that will not require users to reduce their settings.

Aerosoft put as one of the standards, that Manchester will deliver at least the same performance with Heathrow. If we were not able to achieved that standard, Manchester will never be published. To any one who have worked with Aerosoft will know that they are very serious about their standards. Recently, EBBR for FSX (and probably EGCC too, same developer) were canceled by Aerosoft because developer did not met their standards ( http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71084-brussels-international-preview/&do=findComment&comment=695493). 

We've run extensive testing with Aerosoft's beta testers and make of those changes so EGCC have (specially during night) the same at least performance with EGLL. This have been confirmed as true and Aerosoft gave the go for release.

I would to have more data from you, so I can look to what might cause this phenomenon. Please post (or PM them to me):

• Your PC full specs.
  • Your setup (ie. single or multiple monitors).
  • X-Plane and OS versions.
  • A screenshot with the rendering settings.
  • A screenshot with the low fps you get. I'm interesting in the whole "fps box".
  • The log.txt file, after running at those fps you mentioned.

Regards

Edited by airfighter

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Faithful to our commitments, not only to deliver the highest quality products, but also by continuing supporting them, and update them to the latest developments of X-Plane, we started today testing our airports with the new WED 1.5 and X-Plane 10.50.

As you already see in the image, the airport is already populated with the 10.50 new feature, static aircrafts at the gates. This is our very early works on the next update that will come relative soon, by implementing the new features of X-Plane. Still though, there are a lot of adjustments required. After Manchester, we are going to take care Mykonos too!

Another good thing is that the new WED allows to mark the airport for flattening, which seems work for Manchester. That means that, probably, the extra mesh will not be needed! That means, no more conflicts with other airports in the area, and that you will be able to use orthophotos or other packages (Simheaven, Zonephoto, UK VFR, etc.) up to the airport fence!

We need a few days to verify the results and hopefully the new update will be ready soon!

Enjoy!

XP10_50_tests.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Hello Captains,

Manchester Airport v1.1 (upgrade to 10.50 standards) will be available soon. We would like to show a feature we added: Airport Ambient sounds

This is a first step to that direction, more like a proof of concept, at this version. We have plans for elaborate implementation for the future.

Till then...enjoy!

Edited by airfighter
New video upload. The previous had a bug in the sound.
  • Upvote 1

Hello Captains!

Yet another sound preview, this time with dynamic sounds!

Ambient sounds add to the immersion, but when there is AI traffic around with out sounds, the immersion goes away.

What if it was possible the AI traffic to "emit" sound? Well...here you are! This is short preview of AI traffic taxing by!

Note that, at this point, the ambient sounds implementation is currently beta. Thus is not very elaborated, but the goal at this point is to be stable and performance efficient.

More to come in the future!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/VQ32sQkJFrw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Captains,

Manchester Airport v 1.1 is available from Aerosoft. Hopefully within 1-2 days will be available from all vendors.

This version makes our Manchester Airport the most innovative and feature rich airport ever!

Features:
-- Ambient Airport Sounds - beta! Including general ambient sounds, and dynamic AI sounds! For the first time AI traffic will have sounds!

-- Full X-Plane 10.50 compatible, correct ramp starts, taxi flows, and ATC flows as per the current AIP.

-- Performance improvements, especially for the lower spec machines. If the airport is hard on fps, we have included a replacement dsf file, that improves your fps, without losing anything significant from the looks and feel of the airport.

Note: The ambient sound system is at beta phase. Please report if you have any problems and/or suggestions. We would like to have your help to create a very rich and dynamic sound experience!

Of course the airport will be updated for X-Plane 11 for free!

Enjoy!