EGCC Manchester Airport (Aerosoft/Icarus Development Team)

airfighter

To us, except beauty, functionality is one of the elements that we want our sceneries to have. One of the most common problem is airports populated with static aircrafts, the problems who arise when you want to use them in VATSIM or IVAO. Gates already occupied with static aircraft, mixing with your aircraft or traffic etc. For us to deliver such an airport is not something we wanted, so we added a bit extra functionality. Here is a short demo:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking really good there!

Just a tiny thing though, are you aware the section of the T1 car park furthest from the ramp is lowed by about 1 or 2m? Like this:

k3R6HTH.jpg

Pjr2uN7.jpg

You guys seem to have made the walls just slightly raised pavement instead. Was this for optimisation, or just lack of good photos of the area?

not a big deal since it's such a small detail you're unlikely to see, but might be nice to see!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We spend, last few day on the performance (frame rates) of our airport. This is not trivial, since there are thousands of objects in a small area. Our goal was to not sacrifice any of the quality we have achieved, but on the other hand it should enjoyable to use.

We tried to minimise the trade offs between quality and performance, and I'm happy to announce that we did it!

By testing against the most complex aircrafts, we managed it so it is very smooth day and night! I will not give any numbers, because it is dependant on hardware, add ons used, and rendering settings. My feeling is that you will not need to turn down you usual settings to enjoy the airport. 

*Note: My "development" copy is not fully optimised, since we still working on a couple of things. Probably, there is a room for a couple more fps!

• 1 month later...