When the next update is going to happen?

Silent_V

Hi all! 

I purchased 340a  couple days ago and found out that I need to re-assign my CH quadrant (condition levers) every single time I move (via local map) or reload the aircraft or sim. I found that this issue marked as solved and stated for future update on this forum about a year ago but it seems like this have not been done yes or I might bought not the newest version. Could anybody clarify this for me? To be honest I fnid this too annoying to re-assign condition levers evey  time :(

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Silent_V

There is no way to "save" the assignments of the Condition Levers so we cannot provide this feature.  Any previous discussions of this that are marked as "SOLVED" just means the question was answered.  I don't believe we ever stated that this would be changed in a future update as there is really no way to do it.

The thing that looks strange is the way how the landing lights beams end suddenly in front of the plane. You can clearly see the end of the beam. Do you want me to highlight this?

I must say that the aircraft is really good and very pleasant to fly, though.

Thanks for made it.

Edited by Silent_V
  • Upvote 1

What you are seeing is the "cone" portion of the light.  The clipping of the cone is done internally in X-Plane and out of our control.  The only thing we could do is eliminate the cone altogether.  Incidentally, if you move your view further to the side or behind the aircraft, the beam looks the way it should:)

Thanks Gregory. I noticed that if I move thw point of view it looks pretty much notmal. But the problem is when there is no moisture in the air the cone should be absolutely invisible in real life. So is it possible to remove it at all? Just because it does mot look real.:)<br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk<br /><br />

Thanks Gregory. I noticed that if I move thw point of view it looks pretty much notmal. But the problem is when there is no moisture in the air the cone should be absolutely invisible in real life. So is it possible to remove it at all? Just because it does mot look real. :)<br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk<br /><br />

It's not just moisture that can make the light visible. Since you (and sizziano) are the only ones who have mentioned this to date, we will not make any changes just yet.  If more people voice a negative opinion about this we will discuss it further.

Hi all,

First off, I have never enjoyed flying more then when I bought the Saab 340, thanks a gazillion. I fly this plane probably 95% of the time.

My question:

I have also noticed the landing light pattern and that doesn't bother me much. My concern is this, when landing the lighting doesn't light up anything on the runway. I figure I'm the only one with this problem. Makes it very difficult to taxi and carry on night flying activities. Have to constantly use the night vision option.

I know we get no sound in replay, except for chassis and tire noise. I guess that's a x-plane thing so I figure maybe the lights on ground situation may be a x-plane thing also. Anyone else with this issue??

Thanks,   Bill

But what if I remove it only for myself? For example by moving some texture or something? Could you advise in personal message about this? This light cones looks really strange and I don't like them at all. This is really an issue for me:(((

Gregory, will you please advise how can I remove these cones of light by myself, please? They spoil screen shots sometimes. Thanks a lot!<br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk<br /><br />

We do not allow modifications to the aircraft since doing so could potentially create problems when providing support.  As stated previously, if a significant number of customers complain about this we will discuss it further internally.

OK,

You hit the nail on the head, I owe you a couple of beers. And I agree with you about the beam of light looking none real, would be nice to have it more realistic looking. The plane is so great I'm not to upset with the beam but it would be nice if it could get worked on. Jim and the LES crew do one hellatiously great job, thanks guys, but if possible I'm sure they will work it out……………..