MaxxFX does not work with Bata 5 or any other bata

captbullett

Good day,

I have already sent an email but now that their have been 5 bata versions put out the MaxxFX still does not work this will stop me from buying any other add-ons until the issues are address. the degradation of several aircraft including Saab, and the 757 where you could not see out of the windows because of "glare,shadow" is at issue i have sent log text to the proper people but no response except "I have sent this to X-Plane for evaluation" that is all at this time. To bad it was a good add-on. the attached file is with MaxxFX and you can see a clean crisp image with no issues.

Thank you for your time

captbullett

post-9302-0-07554900-1403968204_thumb.pn

Edited by captbullett

Good day,

I have already sent an email but now that their have been 5 bata versions put out the MaxxFX still does not work this will stop me from buying any other add-ons until the issues are address. the degradation of several aircraft including Saab, and the 757 where you could not see out of the windows because of "glare,shadow" is at issue i have sent log text to the proper people but no response except "I have sent this to X-Plane for evaluation" that is all at this time. To bad it was a good add-on. the attached file is with MaxxFX and you can see a clean crisp image with no issues.

Thank you for your time

captbullett

As a developer(SSG Group) we dont support betas. I think Jhon (MaxxFX and X-aviation) are on the same road. Use the last stable X-plane 10.25 version.

Carlos

Edited by Carlos Garcia
  • Upvote 1

Hi captbullet,

I just tried Maxx-FX on two different systems with 10.30b5 without a problem - and this is the first I've heard of any potential issue with the 10.30 betas and Maxx-XP products. I suspect either something is wrong with your installation, or Maxx-FX is failing its license check with X-Aviation for some reason. The latter seems more likely.

There should be something in your log file if the license check failed, so posting your log here might help us shed some light on it.

Good Day,

No it's not your problem, "but if you can't do good businesses then you should not do any business at all" I was trying to find out what was going on with the system and yes if it is because of the bata  when I try to roll back to a non bata I can't at this point because I am testing for Apple. As a developer and running a bata version "O S X Yosemite" so when you want to give me "You don't have to take criticism personally, but you do have to take it seriously." I don't take it but with a grain of salt. Since, I have been doing this for a long time first,I am testing two systems at one time which can be hard to do. 

Second I wanted to know if there was a work around since, I did not here back form any one from X-Aviation on the issue thats when I posted the post.

Third,I wanted to know if any one else had the same issue ...( And as, Sundog has posted there is a "Maxx-FX is failing its license check with X-Aviation for some reason. The latter seems more likely.")

And here is the answer above a failing  license, bingo! so, you see I am not just barking up a wrong tree.

Thank you for your time 

captbullett

Edited by captbullett

beta software is by definition very likely to be broken or contain defects and bugs.

The only company publishing payware product for X-Plane that supports beta release of X-Plane is Laminar Research.

Notification of bugs is appreciated but it is beyond reasonable to expect that we will jump to attention to try and fix these and guarantee working software until the X-Plane release version in question is no longer marked as beta.

• Upvote 2

Good day,

This is the issue, the 757 is looking good with maxxXF but, since you can't see out of the windows due to glare; when I  remove the MaxxXF app all is well I Know there is a solution to the issue I just don't know at this time what it is....

and I thank-everyone for the input... (and I like the app a lot)

captbullett

Brian 

post-9302-0-70914700-1404137105_thumb.pn

Edited by captbullett

Good day,

This is the all the info to do the research and the "text.log" from X-Plane, also the screen shots to show the Saab without the proper color display in the auto engine start-up and the proper color display in the nav. display where there should be color, in the to from VOR there is none.

Since, I know you don't have to do any thing about this is just for your info I am developing the latest OS for Apple and knowing if you add-on work can only help in the development of the systems...

thank-you for your time.

captbullett

Brian

post-9302-0-99943800-1404137806_thumb.pn

post-9302-0-40394400-1404137817_thumb.pn

post-9302-0-40964600-1404137952_thumb.pn

Log.txt

"but if you can't do good businesses then you should not do any business at all"

What are you talking about? We support working software. It was your choice to run a beta, not mine or anyone else.

I was trying to find out what was going on with the system

And you were told in one e-mail that we would look into, subsequently followed by another e-mail that Laminar was aware of it and it was now in their hands.

if it is because of the bata  when I try to roll back to a non bata I can't at this point because I am testing for Apple. As a developer and running a bata version "O S X Yosemite"

What does OS X Yosemite have to do with anything? I am strictly referring to X-Plane 10. You are running Beta 5 of X-Plane 10.3. If you want Maxx FX to work, roll back to 10.25. OS X Yosemite is not stopping you from doing that!

so when you want to give me "You don't have to take criticism personally, but you do have to take it seriously." I don't take it but with a grain of salt.

The is a quote from my signature, Brian. It appears on every post I make. It was not specifically directed at you.

Second I wanted to know if there was a work around since, I did not here back form any one from X-Aviation on the issue thats when I posted the post.

What? Yes you did hear back from us. You even mentioned it in your first thread starting post. You just didn't like the answer that Laminar was aware of the issue and it was in their hands.

( And as, Sundog has posted there is a "Maxx-FX is failing its license check with X-Aviation for some reason. The latter seems more likely.")

But this is not the issue you had. Sundog misunderstood your issue.

And here is the answer above a failing  license, bingo! so, you see I am not just barking up a wrong tree.

You don't have this issue, so no "bingo" here. Looking for a failed license check that doesn't exist is definitely barking up the wrong tree. Your license is working as it should.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, the new X-Plane 10.30b6 release should clear this issue up. It's explicitly mentioned in the beta 6 release notes.

It's a little too early to say definitively, but 10.30b6 also seems rock-solid with SkyMaxx Pro so far, as opposed to earlier 10.30 beta versions.