• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, the 5th time on the manuals! :D You're going to go insane! ;D

Oh, trust me, the insanity has set in.  I'm just good at bottling it up.

I went through 3 different cover pages and 4 different manual formats before I was happy with the 5th one.  And this is after the manuals were done.

Gosh, the 5th time on the manuals! :D You're going to go insane! ;D

Oh, trust me, the insanity has set in.  I'm just good at bottling it up.

I went through 3 different cover pages and 4 different manual formats before I was happy with the 5th one.  And this is after the manuals were done.

I've never seen anybody take manuals so seriously. ;D

• 3 months later...

Is there any new information regarding the Sundowner update? I understand it was at or near completion sometime last year - and would be published once the SAAB was complete. Now it seems the team has moved on to the DC-3 and other projects instead and I fear this may be left behind.

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to provide.

Is there any new information regarding the Sundowner update? I understand it was at or near completion sometime last year - and would be published once the SAAB was complete. Now it seems the team has moved on to the DC-3 and other projects instead and I fear this may be left behind.

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to provide.

Definitely not abandoned.

Flight model has been adjusted. Completely new exterior has been modelled and re-textured and the panel (minus the gauges) has also been re-modelled and re-textured. Gauges have been re-textured to look a little better..

There are a few more things I need to add, animations and manipulators being one of them. I was also generously given some new custom sounds from Arty and they are quite good!

I was actually planning to finish it off in the coming weeks. Shouldn't be too long. I'll make another few posts when it gets close. The Duchess update will come out at about the same time.

G

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I was just wondering what happened to the update on the Sundowner,

since it's been over a year since the last comment on this.

I'm reasonably new to X-Aviation, so don't know all the particulars about the site,

or who runs it, who's come and gone, etc), but I am curious as to when (and even

if), the aforementioned update was ever, in fact, going to happen. No offense meant,

just curious is all...

Jim

It had to be put on hold for a little while. I've actually been working on the Duchess update as well as the Sundowner during DC-3 development. Both have had flight model adjustments and I've made several adjustments to the objects and their animations. Most of the Sundowner has been completely remodeled and re-textured.

Recently, since the DC-3 has been released, both Theo and I have been VERY busy with other X Plane related duties.

I can safely say the Sundowner and Duchess updates WILLbe finished...we just have to fit it in to what we're doing at the moment. However, we won't be restarting those until July. Once we get stuck back into them, they shouldn't take too long.