thanks. looking forward to the updates you mentioned! just one thing:

Make sure they are on EXTREME RES.

I'm on "very high" with 2xAA. Can't go higher than that without lowering other settings that I want to be enabled. It's only a very very few planes like the Sundowner giving me that "washed out" look of intruments. Anyway, I'll fly again soon and see if I can go down with the FOV setting a bit further.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem at all, Markus.

I'll talk to Theo about possibly making the gauges with a higher resolution.

I'm actually working on a tutorial right now with my old flight instructor to get people familiarised with the Sundowner. 

It'll be ready very soon.  Hopefully it will shed some light on a few things.

The gauges are perfectly all readable and I run on High. They are all 512x512 px (approx), bigger than the falco's instruments (I think). I've spoken to -Indi about it and he says its almost definitely your video card drivers. You may need to update or downdate your videocard drivers.  :)

The gauges are perfectly all readable and I run on High. They are all 512x512 px (approx), bigger than the falco's instruments (I think). I've spoken to -Indi about it and he says its almost definitely your video card drivers. You may need to update or downdate your videocard drivers.  :)

have to admit that they do seem a little fuzzy to me too, but not if I sit close enough, in the right position. Sorry, but nothing's as crisp as the Falco, yet.

Oh, I still couldn't keep the engine going! But trial and error fixed it, I have so many plugins. Culprit was the AN-2 plugin (whoops, spilt the beans on what we are reviewing next?)

well, I'm not a windows guy, guess I'm stuck with driver issues on my iMac. However I still can compare to other planes and panels with the exact same drivers. fwiw, I just testet the difference between extreme and very high and found it to be not worth it. Performance goes down heavily while the improvements are thin. Screenshots beeing near enough with FOV 50:

Extreme:

Very high:

Just for comparison, here is the Falco with "very high" and a FOV of 65:

But there's no need to go into lengthy discussions here, obviously no one else complains. You may want to check if it can be improved, however if not, the plane is still a nice one :).

We are sorry for this trouble. They should be clear but they aren't however we have a way to make them more clear which we will investigate. If your experiencing this, others will too, so your comments are very much appreciated. They help us to create higher quality products.

We will have a fix for this posted as soon as possible.

Cheers, Theo

Hi guys! Very nice model! Thank you for your work.

I have a small wish list  :)

1. Add the Example Flight Tutorial with step by step procedures is a good idea.

2. Clean the Manual from the errors. For example -  Page 23. Section Autopilot:

"The switch located on the right side of the autopilot panel is the autopilot master power switch"

But the master power switch located on the left side of the autopilot panel.

3. Mechanical Flaps work only with battery is on!

4. Direction Gyro left knob work inly when engine started.

5. Active\Stby button on radio NAV panel is work but can change major friquency too  :)

Hi guys! Very nice model! Thank you for your work.

I have a small wish list  :)

1. Add the Example Flight Tutorial with step by step procedures is a good idea.

2. Clean the Manual from the errors. For example -  Page 23. Section Autopilot:

"The switch located on the right side of the autopilot panel is the autopilot master power switch"

But the master power switch located on the left side of the autopilot panel.

3. Mechanical Flaps work only with battery is on!

4. Direction Gyro left knob work inly when engine started.

5. Active\Stby button on radio NAV panel is work but can change major friquency too  :)

Ouch!  I'm normally extremely anal about my grammar and spelling.  I bet you can't find any other errors though.

Ok, I am working on the tutorial as I type this.  It should be done in the next few days. 

I'll get the flaps fixed asap.  There are also 1 or 2 other small, unnoticeable tweaks I have added to make an even more accurate flight model.  I got my hands on some extra tech data.  Purely engine specs.

I'll look into the DG power issue.  If it is what I think it is, it's a 2 second fix.

Now THAT'S unusual.

Everything with the radios worked fine during testing.

I'll look into it.

I had a look at the Nav radio problem you are having issues with.

What you are seeing is most likely 2 verts with an edge (most likely left over from a delete but wasn't selected) and that has actually been mapped unknowingly to an older version of the radio knob when we exported the panel regions.

I'm thinking it's 2 verts with an edge because it is so small.  Fortunately, it has no interference with the actual button.

Many apologies for this oversight.

After much thinking, I think I'll buy it :)

It's not the best looking airframe, but I'll spend 99% of my time inside anyway, so the pretty and accurate cockpit is more important. On the other hand, some extravagant colours could spice it up. Any chances on a paint kit? :)

One aircraft equals like 13-14 beers for me, in terms of economy, but in the end more planes and less beer will be better for me, I suppose ^^

Also probably I should support creators of high quality aircraft, given the current state of X-Plane addon market.

But what finally convinced me, was this quote from Goran: "The Sundowner is kind of a unique aircraft and may take a bit of getting used to." I like aircraft like that! :D

But what finally convinced me, was this quote from Goran: "The Sundowner is kind of a unique aircraft and may take a bit of getting used to." I like aircraft like that! :D

so true! I still struggle with the aileron/left turn issue; never experienced it that much in any other plane (including the MU2!!). I now "did it like with the Goose": Use the rudders and ignore the ball. The viewpoint still needs getting used to. you won't see anything but on the left and right side just before you're very, very low already. Slowing down isn't easy. And lowering the flaps it's goes down like a stone and breaks the V/S-needle. I am not a pilot, I don't know how it really should behave. But I have flown a lot of xplanes, and this is one of most strange ones.

But I also just had another issue, kind of like I had with the Corvalis: Sudden drops down to a slideshow. Contrary to the Corvalis, with the Sundowner it did recover after a few moments. Well, actually it recovered too late to make a good approach. Don't know why that happens, as there are no "initial suspects" like Gizmo or else involved with this plane. It happened again after I parked on the taxiway:

50fps as usual in a situation like this:

Suddenly, 19fps:

But I also just had another issue, kind of like I had with the Corvalis: Sudden drops down to a slideshow. Contrary to the Corvalis, with the Sundowner it did recover after a few moments. Well, actually it recovered too late to make a good approach. Don't know why that happens, as there are no "initial suspects" like Gizmo or else involved with this plane. It happened again after I parked on the taxiway:

Hey, Markus,

That's definitely a weird one. There is no plug-in that would be causing this issue...and as you said, Gizmo is not even on this aircraft, so that's also one less thing on the list.

Can you confirm...does this happen on every flight for you? That would be wild if so, and not just a one time hiccup with X-Plane.

Thanks for any info! :D

First of all, great job on the Sundowner guys! ;D

Is it just me or is there's some missing textures on the circuit breakers panel?

2n0n5fo.jpg

Hi, Dan,

It most certainly appears you're missing textures here. Perhaps do a re-install? The file that would contain these textures is: circuitbreakers.png

I had a look at the .obj file for the circuit breakers panel and its referring to an invalid path for the artwork, as well as the lit texture using the command TEXTURE instead of TEXTURE_LIT, overriding the day time texture.

I went ahead and changed it and now it works just perfect, but surely this affects all users right?

did not happen yesterday, so it also could be a one time hiccup of xplane. Just finished preflight and will be in the air in 5 minutes, I'll see.

Thanks! Keep us updated! :D

no problems with the last flight. so my best guess is it was xplane itself. also had a nice and smooth landing this time.

When looking at the screen shots of the panel, I see some things that are missing that are covered with caps. Things like gear handle with annunciators, flap handle, etc. I also notice the gear is down in all of the exterior images. I know everything you have done is purely intentional and this aircraft is largely based on a real world aircraft. Could you outline breifly what works and what has been "disabled" in this aircraft?

Zach

Sure Zach.

The Sundowner I have based this  one on is VH-WMI.

The Sundowner, when built, was built with a fixed tricycle gear configuration.  It has wheel fairings that are streamlined to minimise drag and is non retractable.  However, it also has "options" for advanced features.  Such as electric trim, electric flaps, retractable gear, etc...

When Beechcraft made the Sundowner, they allowed for these modifications to be installed by the owner/operator should they choose to do so.  Otherwise, it is left in its factory configuration.

Now when I say this aircraft is based on the real Whiskey Mike India, I don't mean it is loosely based.  This is an extremely close replica to the real aircraft in its functions and performance.  The only things that are obviously different are the repaints.

Check out the photos below that I personally took of WMI.

gearit.th.jpg

capse.th.jpg

I hope that somewhat answers your questions.

That does answer my questions. In the handfull of screens I saw (on my iPhone) the fairings looked like gear doors.

I saw another poster mention the flaps not operating unless the battery is switched on (standard for XP). Is there a way to bypass the battery via plugin to tell x-plane to operate flaps regardless of bus voltage?

Just curious. My wife is hanging an upcoming vacation to California over my head. Otherwise I would have this one already.

Thanks!

Zach

I had a look at the .obj file for the circuit breakers panel and its referring to an invalid path for the artwork, as well as the lit texture using the command TEXTURE instead of TEXTURE_LIT, overriding the day time texture.

I went ahead and changed it and now it works just perfect, but surely this affects all users right?

Hi, Dan,

Yes! You're right! Thanks for that catch. I'll be fixing this now for future customers, and then we'll get a patch out to all current people with a couple of other minor things.

Thanks for that catch!

Ok, I've been going over some of the issues mentioned in the forums here.

We're going over these things in the package and in the process of fixing them.

Here's what has been fixed so far.

-Viewpoint adjusted

-MORE accurate engine specs (SFC)

-Circuit breaker textures

-Manual amendment

What is being worked on

-Clearer gauge displays (apologies for this one as I have a 24" monitor and could see them)

-Flaps power (I MIGHT make an electrically powered flap system with flap indicator.)

-DG power

-More repaints

-POSSIBLY adding an aileron trim