EADI and EHSI

jkieffer1957

This is primarily a question for the developers of the SAAB 340. Is there a definitive source we I can go and get a description of what each display does. I am familiar with the EADI and EHSI, but I would love to find some information on specifics of operation. For example, the EADI has the speed marker on the left side. How is the speed determined with regards to Fast, Slow or at correct speed? Is it related to estimated arrival time at your destination? I noticed the other night while doing a flight I had a long climb out to reach altitude and I was using the AP Climb command. The speed indicator said I was on speed. Once leveled off it showed be fast, I played with the throttles and brought my speed to just at 200 IAS and the speed marker went back to on speed. What am I doing?

I notice every now and again I will get a flashing number just above the degrees of bank indication on the right side of the EADI, sometimes it flashes 107, another time it flashes 207. What is this number indicating?

What do the different AP displays indicate, I understand the green AP when the AP is engaged, But what is the difference with the flashing white AP and red AP. Is there a difference between dis-engaging the AP from the Control Colum and from the Center Console? 

I would love to know how each of these instruments work and what they are capable of displaying in the current version of your SAAB 340.

I appreciate your help answering these questions.

Regards

Jim Kieffer

Greenville NC

I did some more searching and found out additional information in SmartCockpit website. I'm still confused about the numerical readout on the EADI just above the degrees of bank indication. Next time I get that situation I'll get a snapshot of it so you can see what I am asking about.

Regards

Jim Kieffer

Greenville NC